Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

If a great person is used to flip a city or to build a wonder it still counts toward cultural victory, as both events (city flip and wonder creation) count toward cultural victory.

Thanks, and then I guess that if you choose to research a new tech with a great person, nothing happens in the cultural bar but in the tech instead, right?

What I mean is that I often (more often than you should think by chance) lose when I'm supposed to have a stronger army. When for instance my battleship, given strength 18, fights a cruiser, given strength 9, I lose most of the time....

Okay, losing most of the time is weird. Over a dozen or more games, I have not consistently seen this type of behavior. Occasionally losing this type of battle, sure. Losing most of the time, definitely no. Maybe you just got unlucky?

Hey, I'm trying to get Civ Rev tommorow, and I had a few questions about the game.

1. Can naval units give naval support to other units in a diagonal square?

2. Is 2% intrest on gold reserves an efficient perk? (American)

3. Can Spies destroy Wonders? (Did it once in a Chieftain demo game, is it only in this mode?)

4. Can 2 Spies lower fortifications to 100%, because usually I only use 1 and the units have aa 50% fortification bonus?

Sorry, don't know if this has been asked nor where to find info on it.

Can multi-player be done on the same console? (Without the need to go online)

Where people in the same room would basically take turns?

Yesterday i was playing the game for the first time. After 3,5 hours i finished the game with a cultural victory. I was sad i couldn't play on.

Wich game mode do i have to select to keep on playing without a victory at all?

Can anyone play the Game of the Week or do you need to be a Gold member for Xbox Live?

I'm a newb to the nth degree and this is the first game that I will want to interact online, but I have no clue as to how to do that. Hopefully I'll get the game later today.

Also, should I delete the demo before inserting the new game disc? Or will I only have to download it again as an update?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Haven't picked up my copies yet, but I was wondering if Rev has defensive pacts? I don't see military tradition on the tech tree, so I'm guessing no.

Thanks

Haven't picked up my copies yet, but I was wondering if Rev has defensive pacts? I don't see military tradition on the tech tree, so I'm guessing no.

Not there. In fact diplomacy is much, much simpler than in Civ4. From what I can tell, pretty much limited to buying tech, bullying someone, and asking someone to attack someone else. No trading for resources (in part because resources are much simpler and are mostly just production/trade bonuses for the specific cities in which they are found) and no defensive pacts.

Sorry, don't know if this has been asked nor where to find info on it.

Can multi-player be done on the same console? (Without the need to go online)

Where people in the same room would basically take turns?

No, "Hotseat" is not an option.

What I mean is that I often (more often than you should think by chance) lose when I'm supposed to have a stronger army. When for instance my battleship, given strength 18, fights a cruiser, given strength 9, I lose most of the time....

This could be an example of cognative bias. ;)

(In other words, you don't remember the wins, because you expect them. The losses, on the other hand.... :))

If have the great Wall wonder, can I just go out and sack peoples villages and they will have to keep offering me peace? And if they offer you peace and you say, "No, we will fight to the end", will they still offer you peace again the next turn?

Imagine, me sitting at work on 4 hrs of sleep for the 2nd night in a row thinking about CIVREV strategies?

Can anyone tell me whether or not the Xbox360 version of CivRev features local multiplayer? As in, can I play with my brother with two controllers on one Xbox, him as one Civ and me as another? I realize this might be odd if we were rival Civs, but perhaps as two Civs under permanent alliance or some odd thing like that?

Can anyone tell me whether or not the Xbox360 version of CivRev features local multiplayer? As in, can I play with my brother with two controllers on one Xbox, him as one Civ and me as another? I realize this might be odd if we were rival Civs, but perhaps as two Civs under permanent alliance or some odd thing like that?

I believe the answer is "no".

Firaxis has said that "hotseat" play is not in the game, so I doubt this is, either.

You *can* play with two consoles, each running the game, over a LAN.

DS version:

Under custom city focus, there are two rows of 4 boxes each with 4 tiny boxes. Surplus populaiton are placed in the smaller boxes. But I don't understand how the game decies which box the population goes to.

Also on a city with a courthouse, we can't work all the tiles even if its marked as workable and we have surplus poplation. This is a bit confusing to me.

Also on a city with a courthouse, we can't work all the tiles even if its marked as workable and we have surplus poplation. This is a bit confusing to me.
Couple possibilities. There could be an enemy unit siting on the tile. Alternatively if you've got a nearby city, you might be sharing the tile with either your city or an enemy city, and only one of you can use the tile. It also won't let you work a tile if it falls in an enemy's cultural boundaries.

I assume you're setting workers on the tiles manually (using the custom setting)? I don't always agree with the console on which tiles I think the workers should be working, so if you're using an automatic setting, that might be the problem. Also sometimes it takes a turn for the console to figure out that tiles are available for working (on the XBox you can sometimes force it to recalculate by changing a cities worker distribution preference and then changing it back).

Can the AI see your spies? As Germany, one of my cities was about to be culture flipped by France (the other three in the game were England, Russia, and America - sound familiar?) so I sent a spy to destroy their cathedral, but when I entered French territory France sent 4 warrior units at my spy, so I moved my spy to the other side of the French territory. The warriors completely changed direction and chased my spy. After moving my spy around for a while only to see French warriors change direction and chase it, I removed my spy from French territory altogether, and the warriors moved on to neutral territory and continued to chase my spy. Can the AI see your spies?

Top Bottom