Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of screenshots from SGs and I'm wondering where I can get the graphic pack that changes the city borders to solid lines and has dashes going inwards.

Is there a way to tell if a forest, after chopped, will be a bonus grassland or is it just luck of the draw?

Thanks!

ok, I have built the military academy, now how exactly do I bulid an army in that city? I just can't figure it out and I know I must be missing something obvious. I have more than enough cities (I only have 2 other armies and about 30-40 cities).Is there some button or something?

I am playing c3c

thanks in advance

It should be one of the unit options in your production list...

You're very welcome! BTW, I forgot to mention something in my previous post:

WELCOME TO CFC! :smoke: :thumbsup: :goodjob: [party] :beer: :dance: :band: :wavey: :banana: :hatsoff:

PrinceOfLeigh said:
What do you do with the cities on the far corners of your empire? I don't mean the ones on a border with someone else, just those tiny cities you've managed to sneak onto a piece of Tundra somewhere?

After rush building a Temple it seems pointless trying to build anything else as all production is taken up in corruption!!

use Civ Engineers to build happy buildings... and growth buildings... then go commie... :evil:

namliaM said:
Hotseat => 2 players 1 computer
Or more... you can get up to 8. ;)

I actually have two issues that may be related.

1). After I build a city improvement I do not get a pop up like I used to asking me what to build next. Instead it goes right into producing a military unit.

2). When I switch a city over to wealth, on the next turn it has switched back to producing a military unit.

It may have been possible that one or more preference items had been changed to cause this. However, I have not been able to locate what it was that was changed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Try "Always Ask for Build Orders"

or something real close to that.

Edit: Might want to try "Always build previously built unit." That might keep it away from changing from wealth.

And what version are you playing?

Ok I checked and I do have "Ask for build orders after unit construction" blued on the preference screen. I have even tried turning it off leaving the preference screen taking a turn and then going back and turning it back on.

On the second issue same thing it is checked and it keeps switching me back to the military unit. I have even tried to turn off the governor of the city.

Umm...stupid question but where is the version number?

You can always just add an attachment to your post. ;) (Scroll down when you're posting and click on "Manage Attachments".) :)

Found the problem. You have the govenors controlling production. Using the govenors when you're first learning the game isn't a bad thing, but letting them control production is not a good idea, IMO.

I don't have a problem with govenors per se, especially when you're first learning the game. There are levels to civ (I don't mean Cheiftain to Sid, either) that can be very intimidating and overwhelming to a new player. Using the govenors helps with that, and makes it more manageable. So for now, using the govenor to control happiness isn't necessarily a bad idea. I won't get into the whole use-govenors vs don't-use-govenor debate....but I do believe that later on, after you've got a pretty firm grasp on the game, you should micromange the cities yourself.

Okay, so how to fix your problem? It's easy. Open a city. Any city. Go ahead, I'll wait. No! Not that one! :joke: Contact your govenor ('G' in the city view, or click on the little head above the food box) and find the 'Manage Production' line under the 'General' tab. Select 'No' from the left drop down box, and 'In All Cities' from the right one. Click on the box on the bottom that says "Default Setting for New Cities", and close it out. You'll then be able to produce your own buildings/units/wonders in the cities.

Like I said, govenors to control happiness isn't a bad thing when you're starting out the game. But I think you should control your own production. The Govenor has some pretty weird picks sometimes.

Oh, and I merged your posts. On the lower right side of your posts, next to the quote button, is an edit button. We would prefer to have you use this than to double/triple post. Just keeps things neater. ;)

And Welcome to the Forums!

Some wonders can became tourist atractions, which start to give money 1000 years later... OK, but how long is a 1000 years?

He! He! "How long is a 1000 years?" is like a trick question, isn't it? I mean how many turns is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom