Quick Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arnold J Rimmer said:
Two related questions:
Is the set up of the AI to generally stop the human player winning, or does the AI pursue some sort of victory target of its own, e.g decide that it'll try and win the game by conquest or diplomacy? Also I presume that when the AI decides that it needs to go to war it is predisposed to attack the human player first, irrespective of the odds of it actually winning the war?

And related to that (especially if the AIs sole motivation is to prevent a human victory rather than secure its own), why when you're only a few turns from achieving either a spaceship or cultural 20k victory doesn't the AI launch an all out desperate attack on your capital/20k city? On the lower levels at least it just seems to let you win which I've never understood.

The AI has tremendous short-term thinking but it is impossible for it to plan long-term. Thus, the AI has no vision and no plan for victory. The AI reacts to parameters. I would imagine imminent human victory is not a condition that triggers the AI to do anything

Turner_727 said:
I'm not sure there's a formula, but I tend to pay about 55gold per worker, and this is in AP. So I guess that makes the true cost about 110gold.
~100 was about what I was thinking, but I've got an AI only paying 25 per worker. Oh well.

Hi all,
I have a question. I don't know if it's a bug or me, but I've loaded bombers/fighters onto a carrier. Go out to sea/ocean to fight a war, but I can never initiate those planes to go off the boat. They just don't get selected on their turn like they do inside the city.
Please help, war can't wait. :)
Thanks.

Right-click on the carrier and then select a plane, then use the normal mission buttons. Unless it is a bug then that should work.

If your turn is ending before you get a chance to use them then you should turn on 'always wait at end of turn' in Preferences so that you have the opportunity to use them.

erikmmj-
You might also want to make sure you didn't accidently assign them a task...ie, air supperiority for the fighers...like Sybot said if you right click on the carrier you should be able to wake them up....Also, they won't be available the turn you rebase them to the carrier.

Tman65 said:
like Sybot said if you right click on the carrier you should be able to wake them up....Also, they won't be available the turn you rebase them to the carrier.
When you DO right click on the carrier, be sure to click on "wake transported". Once they're awake, their turn will come up automatically. However, I believe they go back to sleep if you move your carrier to another location. I've had to keep waking them up when wanting to use them while in transit.

Is there any way to make a city resistant to production sabotage? I've lost two army constructions to an unknown AI and it's getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom