Quick question

Flauros

Chieftain
So I am really enjoying this mod as it has a smooth and finished feel to it, unlike many other mods with great potential, like C2C or MoM.
However, one thing that bugs me greatly is that I get so little resources/boni on my random maps. I would love to play the world map, but system simply can't handle those.
So I am asking; is there a way to increase the resource-spawn (I am thinking about doubling it)?

Also, as a general remark, seeing even more resources would also be great like different fruits and stuff, the way C2C does it.

No, not really. The resource distribution script is already on its last legs in our mod; in many cases it doesn't have enough tiles on the map to place all it needs. We'll probably try to do something about it in the future, but for now no luck...

Hm, not sure if I understand, but aren't you saying that lots of resources should be spawning? I simply find it really frustrating to found cities with only one resource in the BFC.

EDIT: I am almost certain you misunderstod. I want more not less resources in my maps. I like that strategic resources are actually scarce the way they are currently, but having no copper, no iron, no horses and no sulphur anywhere near my starting position tends to make things not very enjoyable as I can't build half the units I want to build.

Hm, not sure if I understand, but aren't you saying that lots of resources should be spawning? I simply find it really frustrating to found cities with only one resource in the BFC.

EDIT: I am almost certain you misunderstod. I want more not less resources in my maps. I like that strategic resources are actually scarce the way they are currently, but having no copper, no iron, no horses and no sulphur anywhere near my starting position tends to make things not very enjoyable as I can't build half the units I want to build.

What map script do you use? The script can change your experience of the game and the resources that spawn. In this mod a lot of the resources appear on seperate land masses if I remember correctly, so if you're playing on the smaller maps and there's limited landmasses then some resources just don't spawn.

I too found the distribution of resources annoying in the mod. I play multiplayer with two other players quite a lot and too often someone was without even one of the key resources like bronze, iron or horses so I 'modded' the resources to feel more realistic. I can send you the file if you like, but I play on large maps so I can't vouch for how successful this will be if you play smaller maps?

Top Bottom