Quick Save...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsenex

King
I posted this question at Apolyton but no-one has answered it. I noticed that there is a folder for quick saves. What is the button or hotkey to do a quick save? I have been going up in corner and doing a save that way. Hitting a key to do a quick save before a combat would save a wee bit of time.

Anyone know about this or how I can do it?

Thanks much.

oagersnap said:
What do you mean? :confused: That's what this thread is about. Don't you think pressing shift + F5/F8 is quick?

It is reasonably quick. But it doesn't save in the "quick" save folder by default. Yet there is a quick save folder created during the installation. Makes it looks likes they intended to have a quick(er) save function and then didn't follow though.

As for the loading side, well there is nothing quick about the way this albatross loads.

It just takes a few seconds to load for me; even in late game large maps. Maybe you have an old computer?
That is NOT what he is talking about.

A quicksave is a special type of save game where you press a button and it creates a save without you having to go through a menu. It's like the autosave you get each turn only you get to trigger it on demand. It has nothing to do with the time it takes for the game to create the save or load.

The quick in the name comes from the fact that you don't get the option to select a folder, type in the name etc. You just hit a button and get a ready made save.

It is reasonably quick. But it doesn't save in the "quick" save folder by default.
Yes it does. And if a pair of two key combinations that save and load from a specific overwritable slot at one touch without browsing isn't in your understanding of what a quicksave function is, I don't know how you define it.

Uhhhh..... Folks. It has been 16 and a half years since this brief thread was opened and last posted in. I doubt that the participants are still pursuing the subject.

It has been 16 and a half years since this brief thread was opened and last posted in.
Thread closed, keyboard shortcuts can be found listed here and the "quick" folder is now used for quick saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom