"Quick-turnchat" to sign peace with the Iroquois

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
We have the opportunity to sign a peace treaty with the Iroquois, opening up some map trading possibilities. We can get MapMaking, 9g, and a TM (territory map) for peace. We can then trade maps around. In order to do this, we need a save that has mapmaking. That means, we need to sign a peace deal with the Iroquois.

Go ahead, just do it, for th e flow of the game.

Chieftess said:
We can then trade maps around. In order to do this, we need a save that has mapmaking.

No we don't.

First off, if any civ wants to exchange maps, it is required that one civ out of the two knows the required tech. (Which is probbaly the chief reason they removed it from map making in Conquests. There was even a Screenshot of the Day pointing this out.)

At this time... Everyone knows Mapmaking but us.

Therefore, we can trade maps with everyone else, even though we don't know the tech.

In fact, I have asked the Trade Minister officially if we could, in addition to the Peace deal with the Iros, trade France Mathematics (@6th) for 40 gold (out of 50) and their World map.

This would not be possible if we didn't have the means to do this. But, since only one civ having knowledge is required to negotiate diplo agreements, then we can trade maps without knowing Mapmaking, so long as the other party does.

So we don't need a "short" turnchat, because all possible trades at this time are within our reach with what we and our rivals currently have.

Sir Donald III said:
In fact, I have asked the Trade Minister officially if we could, in addition to the Peace deal with the Iros, trade France Mathematics (@6th) for 40 gold (out of 50) and their World map.

Except that the Trade ministry doesn't handle peace deals, FA does that. I do like the deal though, a map of the known land is always a good idea.

blackheart said:
Except that the Trade ministry doesn't handle peace deals, FA does that. I do like the deal though, a map of the known land is always a good idea.
technically both do, fa can trade for jus peace, but once u add in techs or gold or maps both have to agree i think

Thank you, SD3. With the peace deal, it was obvious map trading was allowed. Joan put the nail in the coffin.

And I can see why you other guys want to change the Constitution. You don't understand it. All you really have to do is ask the Court. Foreign Affairs is responsible for peace treaties. Trade and Science aren't. No one HAS to agree with anything. If the FA Minister finds a peace settlement, he had better report it to the people. If the people approve of it, peace should be declared.

Cyc said:
Thank you, SD3. With the peace deal, it was obvious map trading was allowed. Joan put the nail in the coffin.

And I can see why you other guys want to change the Constitution. You don't understand it. All you really have to do is ask the Court. Foreign Affairs is responsible for peace treaties. Trade and Science aren't. No one HAS to agree with anything. If the FA Minister finds a peace settlement, he had better report it to the people. If the people approve of it, peace should be declared.
i guess it matters how literally you take the constitutuion, literally take all 3 have to agree.... but traditionally only fa does

What I'm saying is that we can make the "Math for Map" trade even without the peace deal, simply because France has Mapmaking. We don't need it for map trades so long as others do.

As for the ministers, the respective ministers should be required for approval if we give the rival something. i.e. if we were giving the Iros Mapmaking for Peace, the Sci dept needs to personally sign off. However, since the Iros are giving us Map, we gain a tech, Science doesn't have to be consulted. (Unless Sci doesn't want mapmaking... :crazyeyes: )

Maybe we should have a JR on this...

EDIT: Looked over Article D:

Article D said:
Article D. The Executive branch is responsible for determining
and implementing the will of the People. It is headed
by the President who shall be the primary Designated
Player. The President shall take direction from a
council of leaders and from other elected and appointed
officials via the turnchat instruction thread. The President
shall be tasked with control of worker actions.
1. The Minister of Domestic Affairs shall be
responsible for all domestic initiatives, worker allocation,
as well as the distribution of funds, as prescribed by law.
2. The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible
for matters involving treaties with foreign nations,
as prescribed by law.
3. The Minister of Defense shall be responsible for all
military strategy and troop activities, as
prescribed by law.
4. The Minister of Trade shall be responsible for all
trade, domestic and foreign, and the use of resources,
as perscibed by law.
5. The Minister of Science shall be responsible for all tech
acquisition
, as prescribed by law.
6. The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the
keeping of the peace and the construction of wonders.

From looking at the Article, it seems that Domestic and Trade need to be consulted for the taking of Gold and Resources respectively, yet the FA can just give techs away w/o Science's approval, and in fact must gain science's approval for Trades involving gaining tech.

Something just doesn't smell right on that.

'Course, the easiest approach would be for the ministers to get together, come up with solid plan that all approve, and present that to the citizens.

Hmmm, that would be leadership though. Can our elected officials step up to the plate on this? The gauntlet is thrown.

-- Ravensfire

In this case, I authorize the trade receiving mapmaking for peace.
But i am still not shur on the idea of giving math for 40 gold and a world map

Top Bottom