Carthage:
Research Agriculture, Bronzeworking and Mysticism

Persia:
Research Mining, Bronzeworking and Mysticism

Maya:
Research Agriculture and Bronzeworking

India:
Research Agriculture and Bronzeworking

We would research mysticism before Bronze I think, and so would the other teams. I assume others will have similar starts to ours which means everyone probably has farming + mining to do right away - our worker at least is going to farm and mine first I'd think so we don't have to have BW quite that early to chop.

But anyway, I think the answer to take away is Stonehenge could be a competitive/close/unknown race. We don't know what other teams will do - we could have it piece of cake or someone else could sprint for it too. I'm willing to try this all out if the team wants however, make sure most of us are onboard though because there are plenty of other plans for sure.

I think we need Bronze W before Mysticism anyways, we need that added warrior to handle the population growth before the Stonehenge is complete. I tested this extensively.

I never had a single moment of unhappiness in testing; we have silver up by the time the cap hits pop 4. But we would probably build a warrior before stonehenge anyway so if we even did want to keep it in the cap that's not a problem; bronze working before Mysticism definitely delays stonehenge and puts other teams in a much better race I think.

Well, you can't both be right on the happiness. Remember to make it monarch difficulty.

I think we need to do whatever is going to get us stonehenge earliest, at the expense of just about everything else. Persia will be equally eager to get it if they think they can and losing it by a few turns will be pretty devastating.

Yeah, again, I think the test I posted has the same tiles for the capital as the actual game so I invite anyone to try that out. So I'm not trying to cause trouble - I'm more than happy with any course of action we decide on - which wonders, which techs, etc... are up to the team. But if we decide to say, "get Stonehenge" we should work out the ideal way to do that - and as far as I can tell I managed it with a worker first, then a warrior or workboat, getting Stonehenge around turn 36/37/38.

Please cause trouble- it keeps the discussion going and makes us look at alternatives. I'm not keen on leaving the capital undefended, though, so at least one warrior needs to be built. That way we have two: one for defense and one for scouting.

Top Bottom