• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Random Events: On or Off

Do you play with Random Events?

• Yes, I play with Random Events

Votes: 89 90.8%
  • No, I turn them off

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • no comment

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
I like the random events, as others said, it has the element of unpredictability. I'll take the bad along with the good.

Always play with the events on. Though bad events seem to outnumber the good by a decent ratio. And it always seems rather convenient that my Stone/Marble quarry or other production tile is destroyed by a twister or my capital has an unending slave revolt when I'm trying to build a Wonder there... :shifty:

But the new element and the unpredictability is an interesting twist to the game.

I played long time having thos on, but switched them off in some games recently -enought games played, they become just to repetetive - more a nuisiance than a change.

That is kind of my feeling. I checked play with them on, but recently have been turning them off for some games.

How many times can the same mine have the same accident? Well in my last game about 8x.

After playing waaaay to many games of Civ4 I do enjoy the random events, doesn't upset the whole game plan but creates a little unpredictability.

On.
I haven't had any events that made me lose a game. I don't think any of them have had any huge effect on my game, just effects that lasted a few turns. I also haven't had the same thing happen over and over again in the same game. Yet.

On all the time. They have a much more minor effect on the game than your civ or starting location, plus, they require you to keep a treasury which is good IMO. Before BtS, money in the bank was money that should've been spent elsewhere, now it's risky not to have an emergency fund.

On.
I haven't had any events that made me lose a game. I don't think any of them have had any huge effect on my game, just effects that lasted a few turns. I also haven't had the same thing happen over and over again in the same game. Yet.

Same here, I was surprise to get my second golden age a few turn after I had build the Taj Mahal. The only events that I seems to repeat in every game is the diplomatic marriage events that get me...first you get a bonus for an Royal/Diplo Weeding...then a few turn latter they divorce or the groom/bride back out and you get a minus ???? Could they ad an option to pay for a marriage councilor plz :crazyeye:

Top Bottom