1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Events

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Stringer1313, May 27, 2020.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I wanted to know whether the developers were considering building out nation-specific random events? I think there's a little bit of that in Greece at the beginning. I can see pros and cons to this - pros are role playing and helping each civ feel differently. But cons are it can prevent player from wanting to tell their own story, and also balance issues. I still prefer them b/c i like having civs feel more different but what were others' thoughts?

Maybe this could be a thread for random event commentary in general.

I think in general there should be more events based off of whether individuals (and families) like/hate you and how much. I haven't felt any repercussions from individuals / relatives hating me, except for the one time i bypassed two heirs, declined to arrest them just to see what would happen, and then both of them assassinated me :) (and then were cool with being under the heir I bypassed them for! maybe they should have killed the heir too) I've also seen zero repercussions from your spouse liking or hating you.

2. tzu

tzu Chieftain

Hmmh, I think there are more of such nation-specific events in the beginning. Having this very ambitious brother seems to be quite dangerous for your heirs ... And that "Queen", who has a daughter, but no consort (in the family tree!!) calls for specific events.
    I love those too! Probably not all elements are obvious & understandable at first sight (beyond monkey business) ... isn't it strange e.g. your scouts can relieve a prisoner from foreign soldiers, who turn out as yet unknown family members later?

Also I think, much more events are going to be implemented the coming months. -- You have to rule an empire, not just manage a couple of cities and fight a war now and then ... ;)
    Now for THAT we'll have to wait until all buildings etc. are polished and ready. :p