Randomness of Civ

ehm :) I already played... maybe too hasty.

We could slow down eventually ;-)

it's woops now imo.

edit:

as I checked it yesterday both cities have christianity. We have 3 workers almost think we should just whip knights for awhile.

Ok so I guess I need to swap to Slavery and Theocracy followed by revolt into Christendom. I'm curious as to why we didn't settle 1E of Iron. Do I need to settle 1E of the pigs now? all that overlap! :confused: Anyhow, do the switches and churn out knights. I see Joao is red fist at Washington. This could be perfect opportunity to backstab him once he moves his stack off to war. for my worker actions, I assume cottage spam and windmills are the order of the day?

@woops

absolutely no to building any settlers! they cost 342 hammers --> too much. Concentrate on knights spam.

workers should road! connect capital with city 2, road towards Native America to speed knights invasion.

Cottages are too slow --> no. Cities don't need any improvements either, we have low size cap (6,5 is it? but we whip so we will mostly be size 4,5 happy cap or less).

If you find you have too much worker turns after roading just chop trees into knights.

edit:

we will settle more cities once we get 2 new cities from Joao of Natives, but right now we have opportunity window to strike without too much investment on our part.

We could plan trebs+knights war towards west if other AI's are close there. Celtia (north) is too far for my taste.

We need at least 6 knights to have prepared for nocho, if you get out more, the better....

just emphasizing the need for roads towards Joao!

Generally agree with vranasm. Roads first, chops, wouldn't mind to have cap's pigs improved. By the end of initial knight spam a WB or 2 for scouting might be good.

Alright. Played 10 turns.

There are 7 Knights for WAR!! Sadly, a WB was lost to barb before I could get a Trireme out. The Forge in Carthage was lost to a fire (lost SS) but we got some compensation in the form of another event:

Boudica, Washington and Joao really don't like each other:

If we can get a library built in Carthage, we can speed up our GS by a few turns. The capital and Utica are connected. Pigs are almost connected as well. We are also very close to completing connection to the Native Americans.

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1485.CivBeyondSwordSave
    128 KB · Views: 45
one of the events I hate most (right after the slavery revolt) is forge getting destroyed.

Can't look at the save now, but I think nocho then should get us some Joao cities! (both :-D).

can't judge library etc. We are in expansion phase so better to stick with it... we have only 2 production queues and gut feeling is not go with infra...

that forge is really, grrrhm@#$#$#

With a renaissance start and a standard number of AIs everybody gets assigned a different religion and with all AIs sheepishly adopting their own they end up hating each other.

Good work on the knights! I'll throw them randomly at our neighbour... Will look at the save later today.

The nice build-up enticed me to play some turns already, but two simultaneously crying kids got me sidetracked a bit. Will finish up this evening. Anyway, the fairly good news is that for the price of 3 knights we got 3 cities and 2 workers. :)

The nice build-up enticed me to play some turns already, but two simultaneously crying kids got me sidetracked a bit. Will finish up this evening. Anyway, the fairly good news is that for the price of 3 knights we got 3 cities and 2 workers. :)

ooooh! you shouldn't have say this... now i can't wait for more news!

Lots of action I like it! Haven't looked at the last saved yet, but once nocho posts his save will see about moving north.

if you check the save from woops we know where is russia... and they seem to be not so far off to west from Joao... I almost think we could get more cities from russia

but I think the lib race is lost... this will be pretty hard landing...

I saw that woops whipped a lot, but that's ok... we will stagnate on settler/s, worker/s

(hint hint for nocho if he reads it before he continues ;-))

we could still go a bit with the rush until AI's build castles

edit:
not sure which way the 3rd city was from Joao, but I would build city 1SE from pigs between cap and city 2
and another city 1N above pigs between cahokia and city 2

Jeez... I don't pay attention for a day and we've finished of an AI already... :goodjob:

From the campaign only these two contemporary paintings remain:

3 knights perished, due to some elephants mainly. However, with 3 cities, 2 workers and the Native Portuguese dead: mission accomplished. :)

I find other targets also too far to seriously consider attacking in the short run. Russia would be the case in point. Dunno, if this were SGOTM I might consider it, but for a normal game I'd say it's too far...

We traded 2 happy resources from the Celtic Portuguese near the end, which especially for the capital is quite a relief. It can grow again.

I played until we popped a great person. We got a GE from Utica. Couldn't prevent Utica spawning a GP before the capital or I should have hired a citizen instead of the engineer, but that felt silly. I tentatively moved it to the capital and queued National Epic there. ;) I think NE in the cap makes sense with all that food. We might do some serious bulbing here (even the rest of edu comes to mind...). We don't have marble, so I think rushing the NE is warranted, which could still be done this very turn btw. Even pacifism might be worth it if we don't go military in the short run. 1 turn of anarchy may well be worth it. At least I put it up for consideration.

The capital itself had its overflow from the inherited save directed to a library. Then followed with a forge rebuild which just finished. As our happy cap was severely limited didn't need the food yet anyway, but with the resource trade with Boudica that got remedied a bit, so now we'll want a couple of WBs.

Cahokia just got a library whipped. Poverty Point built culture for 2 turns to pop borders before continuing with barracks. Oh, it has the Spiral Minaret in it, so Christ buildings may be worth considering.

We also traded world maps with the AmeroRussians so we have a slightly better view of the known world.

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1540.CivBeyondSwordSave
    152.3 KB · Views: 37
hmm looks pretty decent :)

there is rice+gold spot west from mound city which would be very neat to get.

there is silver furs south from cahokia and could be fed by grassland farms

that's 2 more spots above the other 2 I already mentioned (both free pigs need cities)

sugar+fish+ivory+gold west from lisbon (on the sugar) is another super strong spot which we imo should get as priority.

I guess I would build 2 settlers (1 is on the way, the other would be in cahokia size 5 after lib) and claim rice+gold and that sugar spot.

the 3 other cities can be backfilled anytime. we need to claim land

OR x Pac... both has it's merits... I slightly favor slavery+OR right now over caste+pac.

edit:

I don't like the idea of using GE on National epic... if anything we could probably spare it more for OU?

Oxford is still way off. Why don't you like NE? Personally I think it's tremendously beneficial to have it up this early. It'll effectively double speed early great people, we might very well win lib thanks to it. ;)

OR is fine too. I'd keep slavery in any case, even with pac. My main point is theo is useless if we're done warring.

Oxford is still way off. Why don't you like NE? Personally I think it's tremendously beneficial to have it up this early. It'll effectively double speed early great people, we might very well win lib thanks to it. ;)

OR is fine too. I'd keep slavery in any case, even with pac. My main point is theo is useless if we're done warring.

well you surely already know that I don't like to burn GE's on low cost buildings... the NE is 337 hammers, too bad we don't have marble.

for example we could get ~1600 beakers into gunpowder from GE, so 5x the hammers if we put 1=1 b=h

if i draw the 2 scientist on production tiles the NE is 14 turns build and we will grow, we could even settle the GE for another 3h drawing it a bit to the 10 turns mark

that doesn't look like great pay off.

we have in capital 25+50+50 multipliers with OR it will be 50+50+50... base hammers now 11 (with settled GE 14) so it will be ~30 hammers production.
growth in 4 for another hill, some chops on the way...

I don't see burning GE on NE justified due to the multipliers...

edit:
we seem to be industrious... thus there is that 50 multiplier together with bureau and forge...

Top Bottom