RangedSupportFire does not work

I tried it and it does not work. Also I looked at the Civ 5 source code and it looks like while RangedSupportFire did exist in the XML since the beginning, they didn't actually write code for what it would do in combat until BNW. Which makes me wonder if Beyond Earth has actually been in development since before BNW was finished and actually uses G&K as it's base.

There's plenty of BNW Lua that's either used in BE or has been purposefully disabled in BE. Not saying your theory doesn't have some merit, just that there's plenty of evidence to say they at least updated most of the game files to BNW versions if they were developing BE before it was released.

At a guess, they took the build of BNW post major gameplay additions (trade routes, world congress, reformation) but before the minor tweaks for UA/UB/UU/UI flavouring were incorporated.

Yeah, I did just noticed again that they have many references to ideology in the BE policy xml. But my finding here and the general consensus that CivBE is less complete than BNW do suggest that it was developed somewhat parallel to BNW and not starting from its completed state.

Top Bottom