Do you raze cities?

• Yes! Burn them all! (evil laugh)

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • When I need to.

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • No-Have mercy!

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters
If i'm really trying to pound an enemy into the ground and already have a bustling, productive empire, I will usually raze the larger cities so I don't have to waste my offensive units garrissoning them. Sometimes i'll keep smaller cities if my troops need some healing, then maybe abandon it when they're back up to snuff. Its easier for me to wipe out my enemy or seriously wound them, then move in later with settlers. Sometimes i'll bomb the city til there's hardly any pop left, or if they draft their pop below six and the city has some good improvements, I'll keep it.

my 2 cents.

am a slow learner , playing my first ever game in the 3rd level , got into a long running war with Germans . I had checked the map carefully and it appeared as ı was seemingly the civ with abundant saltpeter and Germans would be down to pikemans after ı knocked out their only city with the resource . They had cavalry attacking mine in the very second run and lots of riflemen . So ı do amphibious landings , take one or two cities raze them , use workers as human shields as the computer prefers capturing them and make peace , ı guess ı took 5 or 6 civilision advances . Computer games really make you inhuman !

Top Bottom