RB1 - Let's get started

You both invest equal funds and get a random tech that you can research after 30 turns. Either person can ask for an agreement, but it makes no difference.
They can be really bad if you beeline (I blitzed the top of the tree on an isolated site and got Horseback riding from a 500 gold one when I could research the tech in one turn).

I quite often seem to randomly get the tech I'm about to discover. On the list of mechanics that need fixing (hello? missing warrior here!) its near the bottom, but it definitely needs some tweaks. They are making one change in the next patch: if war breaks out you no longer get the tech :crazyeye:.

Darrell

I never really do research pacts much. I always feel the gold is better used to bribe city states.

I agree, bribe city states, use food to get pop and use thatt for research. The randomness is just crazy. Though I think they could have been pretty good in Civ IV with the slider.

Okay - I tried to play the game last night and due to a combination of my computer sucking, and Civ 5 sucking, I could not continue.

I talked to cap'n today and he convinced me to at least play a few turns, which I will attempt to do tonight

Okay I played a few turns. Not the greatest set I'm sure.

A few notes:

* Elizabeth completed the Pyramids (for us? :lol:)
* Cincinnati finished a settler, which I was not sure where it should go. I have it tentatively on a workboat.
* Our iron is still being hooked up
* We finished Construction and I have tentatively queued up Archery to go to Math.

I think my game did patch when I played it today

Attachments

• rb1.Civ5Save
    566.2 KB · Views: 198
Yeah you're up sunrise, you gonna play this turn? If you don't respond within 24 hours i'll play the turns for now

I've got an exam tomorrow, so I can't play today. If Sunrise hasn't done it on wednesday I'll do it then, since tomorrow after the exam I'll be out drinking all day/night, so I won't get anything done then either.

Top Bottom