RB2 - Clueless Catherine Conquers Crowded Continents

So do we want to start burning down and back filling or just keep the puppets and start raizing future cities?

Make sure if we are keeping puppets that you replace every one of their farms, that way they cannot choose to work farms and grow faster. We want them left with no options but to work trading posts.

Another opponent down, and declared war on the last AI on our continent - looks good, MuLepton! :goodjob:

I'm in favor of razing and back-filling, especially now that we have severe happiness problems and there are no other AIs left threatening to settle empty spots.

Looks like my main focus besides getting rid of Bismarck is improving the happiness crisis. Got it.

Hiawatha is still there on the other side of Biz I think, but he will be boxed in by us once we conquer Biz.

Yeah, Hiawatha is still around, but I don't think he'll be more than a very small bump in the road. Three of the four cities Bismarck offered for peace were former Iroquois cities.

I just checked again, my local version of the save loads fine. I'll re-attach the file...
Well, apparently, I can't re-upload, the board tells me that I have already attached it in this thread, sigh.

I'll have a look at the save after work and let you know what's up. I probably won't be able to play the turns until tomorrow though.

If it doesn't work for you either, I can try playing one more turn and saving after that. I seem to recall that another SG had the same problem, and that fixed it.

The attached archive contains 2 saves:
I reloaded and re-saved, maybe that already helps?
Then I just hit enter and saved again.

IBT:
Spoiler :
Our pikeman near munich was attacked by an archer and a landsknecht, but he survived.

Attachments

• RB2saves.zip
    1 MB · Views: 253
Tried both saves without success.. :sad:

I'm not quite sure what can be done here. Maybe Gold Ergo Sum can check if he can load the saves instead?

Well, this sucks :(
Worst case, we'll just have to consider my turns not having happened and start over from Gold's last save...

Kylearan? Gold Ergo Sum? Have you tried the latest saves yet? We're not really going anywhere right now.. I must admit my enthusiasm isn't that great after reading the Deity win, but I would like to finish what we started.

Sorry for the late answer, but it's not always easy to sneak in computer time on weekends due to the family. :crazyeye:

Steam updated for me, so I tried to load all three saves again - no dice, the game still crashes. (I won't buy the next Firaxis game before it's been out at least two months and it's clear the game a) runs without problems and b) only has marginal issues with game mechanics/balance. With this problem we're facing right now, I've lost the rest of the faith I had in Firaxis. They have to work HARD to regain my trust.)

I'm not sure how to continue from here. MuLepton, you're the only one able to load the game, correct? Which version of Steam do you have? Some other threads indicate this might be an issue with the recent problems. I have "Steam package version2 1411/1411" (whatever that means) from Nov, 3rd.

I'd like to finish what we've started as well, and I'm curious to see how the other crowded continent fares. But replaying turns alteady played is...not fun. :( Maybe we can sort out this issue by comparing version information. If not, I guess I have to replay MuLepton's turns (provided I will be able to load Gold's save :rolleyes: ). Won't be able to do this before tomorrow evening, though.

My "About Steam" info:
Steam client application
Built: Oct 4 2010, at 13:24:11
Steam API: v009
Steam package versions: 62/1385

Civ 5 itself is version 1.0.0.621
Hmmm, (maybe) silly question: Did you two install the free DLC (Mongols)? Because I did - this issue looks a lot like the Collectors/Regular edition conflict, and that was due to an "extra" civilization present.

Top Bottom