1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RB2 - Clueless Catherine Conquers Crowded Continents

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Succession Games' started by Kylearan, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Arathorn

Arathorn Catan player

I hate to see a RB game go unfinished. Would one extra player help move things along and revive the game? Or is it not worth the effort?

Arathorn

2. SleepingMoogle

SleepingMoogle Chieftain

Given the lack of responses, we are probably on an indefinite hiatus for now. I'll keep trying to load the save after the game updates and if it does fire normally, we can probably see about resuming.

Again though, I don't mind filling in an advisory role at least if there's enough interest to continue but these technical issues have really crushed enthousiasm.

3. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

This is a somewhat late reply, but I needed my frustration to cool down somewhat before coming back to CFC. ;)

I for one would have liked to see this game finished as well, and if we get 1-2 volunteers that would be nice. I'd be willing to regularly check if I can load the save, and as I've said I'd like to see the other continent and see a beachhead installed there.

I have a lot of issues with Civ V, both regarding the game mechanics as well as the numerous bugs. But overall, I can still find some enjoyment in the game, at least more than many here it seems. That's in part because I haven't played as much as most others, but also because I have no problems with willingly ignoring broken strategies like ICS even though I know they would be far more powerful.

But the technical problems cannot be overcome by simply ignoring them. :( Shame on you, Firaxis.

4. Thy_Spellcraft

Thy_Spellcraft King

5. MuLepton

MuLepton Chieftain

Well, I think having the game on hiatus until the next patch might actually be the best decision - even if the save issue isn't resolved, the changes they're making to diplomacy sound like they could make the game more interesting all in all.

6. SleepingMoogle

SleepingMoogle Chieftain

It looks like CiV finally decided to load the last save without crashing. I'm not sure if it's just me or whether that's the case for everyone, but if the loading issue is finally resolved, is there any interest in finishing the SG sometime after the holidays?

7. Gold Ergo Sum

Gold Ergo Sum Chieftain

I haven't played the game outside of RB2 since early October and I don't have any interest in Civ V. That said, for the sake of completion, I have no objection to finishing this off if we can get 3-4 turn players. I just don't want to have to play more than once a week or so.

8. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

I'll have a look if I can load the save now, after patching the game. If it works, I'll play a turnset. That has to wait until tomorrow, though.

9. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Haha, funny :)dubious:) story: After patching the game, it fails to load for me. Not the save, mind you - the game itself won't start! :wallbash: The screen goes black, the harddrive seems to spin from time to time, but then nothing happens - I've waited for several minutes before giving up.

I will try to reinstall the game to see if this will solve this issue, but I won't come around to that until the new year, I'm afraid.

10. Gold Ergo Sum

Gold Ergo Sum Chieftain

Jon Shafer really hates RB2. And puppies.

11. SleepingMoogle

SleepingMoogle Chieftain

This continues to be amusing in a tragic sort of way. :lol::sad: