Real Great People (UI)

Real Great People (UI) 5.0.1

Just discovered that six custom GP are being "created" by new Wonders (Uffisi & Global Theater) though two Deliverator23's mods.
So, i've made their portraits too.. presuming integration is rather simple as long as the DDS files exists withing RPG system to validate them instead of a fallback symbol.

----
CWON_3-Writers.png -- CWON_3-Artists.png
----

I will most likely consider everything done after those.
Still no response from you about the uploading method -- but, let's dump the finalized ZIP later this week.. right here on CFC!

@Infixo
OK!
All done .. for Real . :)

I've decided to include everything in a big (12MB) Zip to accomodate any further tasks you'd want to perform on the 178 alternate PNG source files. New custom DDS textures remain in their corresponding folders that follow the Mod structure for easier Drag/Drop "transfers" while recompiling.

I couldn't find worthy (IMHO) images to replace a few wacky defaults though, namely; JANG_SEUNG_EOP, QIU_YING, ANA_NZINGA, YATSUHASHI_KENGYO, O_NO_YASUMARO & BHASA. Anyone else should be most welcomed to try again.. even the initial previous contributors.

Grab the final complete file from my DropBox here.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqlntw382nr0jd/RGP_900089445(Zyx-Pack).zip?dl=0
.. all good to go as need be!

Enjoy and if you need to discuss anything else -- feel free to comment.

@Infixo
Are you aware of such strange HUD situation(s) when the Last Prophet isn't "shown" with proper LOC strings or even its usual custom RGP image?
This started to happen after the September Patch. While any previous conditions (other games) actually dispatched the right data there.
----
LastProphet_After-GSP3.png

** For reference.. this game is on a standard size Map against 4 AI and Dido is about to activate the last available slot. I've already scanned through the likely guilty LOG files for hints -- there's nothing obvious, AFAIC. Not even sure if your RGP mod would be responsible either for such a weird flaw. Looks like a pre-defined Fall-Back process to me.

@Zyxpsilon The situation usually means that there ia a lua error in the script loading the window. Those strings with dollar signs usually come from .xml files. So, the ui subsystem loads an initial window, then calls lua but lua breaks at some point. Hence, you have only partially updated window. Check lua.log, however sometimes lua errors are somehow supressed and not shown in the log.

@Infixo thank you for your great mods!

I want to report that with only Real Great People enabled I am seeing what I think is a load order bug similar to what happens with the Statue of Liberty where you get the R&F version. The Statue of Liberty is fine but my Alcazar's are not giving the GS science yield from appeal.

Not sure if that helps you. If you need anything from me let me know!

@Architect I haven't seen anyone else report this before. Is the Civilopedia entry updating with the correct description? Or, are the pedia entry and the effect both absent?

You can try adding a LoadOrder to the VikingsLandmarks.modinfo and see if it helps. Change the below from:
Code:
<UpdateDatabase id="VIKINGLANDMARKS_DATA_XP2" criteria="VikingLandmarks_Expansion2">
   <File>Data/VikingsLandmarks_Expansion2.xml</File>
</UpdateDatabase>
to:
Code:
<UpdateDatabase id="VIKINGLANDMARKS_DATA_XP2" criteria="VikingLandmarks_Expansion2">
   <Properties>
     <LoadOrder>1</LoadOrder>
   </Properties>
   <File>Data/VikingsLandmarks_Expansion2.xml</File>
</UpdateDatabase>

The pedia entry and effect are both absent. It appears to be a fully functioning R&F Alcaraz.

When I apply the suggested change to load order in the .modinfo file the Alcaraz is now the GS version with science appeal in both the pedia and in-game. I would hypothesize that this is occuring in other places and making people's experiences weird because there was another person saying they were not seeing the +50% production bonus to walls for Tamar.

There should be a way to tell the mod loader to load all base game mods first then load community mods. I am amazed this is not a thing and this load order hack is required to make it work. Once RGP Is fixed and not throwing errors I bet this problem goes away too and it has nothing to do with RGP I'm sure!

The main expansion modinfo files use load order -100 I think. I assume load order is lowest to highest and then alphabetical by .modinfo GUID after that?

When I apply the suggested change to load order in the .modinfo file the Alcaraz is now the GS version with science appeal in both the pedia and in-game. I would hypothesize that this is occuring in other places and making people's experiences weird because there was another person saying they were not seeing the +50% production bonus to walls for Tamar.
As I said before, I haven't seen this particular LoadOrder issue, but it's worrisome that it could be a systemic problem throughout the various DLCs.
I assume load order is lowest to highest and then alphabetical by .modinfo GUID after that?
I'm not sure about the DLC's, but unless something has changed, the default load order of community mods in new games is by the ModRowID in mods.sqlite, or rather they are loaded in the order they were added to the database. Saved games, however, load by alpha-numeric order by the Mod Id/GUID.

@Infixo
Are you aware of such strange HUD situation(s) when the Last Prophet isn't "shown" with proper LOC strings or even its usual custom RGP image?
This started to happen after the September Patch. While any previous conditions (other games) actually dispatched the right data there.
Fixed in v3.4.

Thanks again for your swift updates!
(( And YES -- it all works just fine now. ))

PS -- Too bad you didn't activate my recent custom set of GP images.. but, i certainly understand you wouldn't want to accept such unsolicited assets when the other originals are as good as any. ;)

Last edited:
Infixo updated Real Great People (UI) with a new update entry:

Version 3.5 New Frontier update

Version 3.5
- Updated for May 2020 Patch (New Frontier, Gran Colombia & Maya).
- Exchanged Simon Bolivar for Jose de San Martin.
- Updated Douglas MacArthur for a better quality picture.

Please note that there are no pictures for Comandante Generals as they do not appear in the Great People window. However, if somebody is willing to prepare the pictures so they would be displayed in the Civilopedia, then I'd be happy to add them into the mod.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Infixo updated Real Great People (UI) with a new update entry:

Version 4.0 Babylon Pack

Version 4.0
- Updated for Bablyon Pack.
- 23 new pictures added (all ex. Himerios)
- Updated Abdus Salam and Carl Sagan for better quality pictures.

Also, I changed the file names of the replacement files to be compatible with the Linux OS. The mod should work on Linux just out-of-the-box. I cannot test it however, so if anyone is using Linux - pls. let me (and others) know if it is working.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Couldn´t you add a random picture of someone as Himerios from the relevant era? Even if it is totally fake, I still consider it better than the white background with a huge question mark.

Top Bottom