Real World

Good example, because the US did go to hell. He single-handedly dropped all support the USA may have had in every other country in the world!

But that has little to no effect on America itself, and I don't really feel we need anyones support, they need ours.

Here's what i mean by how the Conservative government will increase separatist support in Quebec :

"Quite frankly, I don't believe Canada was built on American conservative values. It's built on compassion, generosity, sharing and understanding,"
- Paul Martin in one of the debates

"The values of ordinary Canadians are honesty, hard work, integrity and accountability."
- Harper's reply

Anyone who's ever lived in Quebec will tell you that as values go in Quebec, Martin hit the mark a lot better. A Canadian government driven by values straight out of Alberta will only drive more people in Quebec to want to separate. I'd hate to see that happen but it seems more of a possibility now than ever.

Rellin said:
But that has little to no effect on America itself, and I don't really feel we need anyones support, they need ours.

Time will show you wrong is all i can say about this. Wait and see. No nation in this world can be self sufficient and ignore every other nation. Not for long anyway.

Sa~Craig said:
you forget that america has one of the poorest trained armies

Proof? It's ok to hate and bash America, but ignorant statements like this piss me off.

Zombie69 said:
No nation in this world can be self sufficient and ignore every other nation. Not for long anyway.

I don't see how your point ties into America. America is not attempting to be self sufficient and it is not ignoring every other nation.

America is the world's most active trader, its economy is heavily dependent on imports. And the economies of other countries are heavily dependent on America's. If anything, this is the opposite of self-sufficiency.

Re: ignoring other countries; America has troops stationed in most countries. If nothing else, its military has a watchful eye on those countries in which it is stationed. Not to mention CIA and NSA activities. America is more active in international affairs than any other nation. If anything, this is the opposite of "ignoring every other nation."

Sa~Craig said:
you forget that america has one of the poorest trained armies among western nations

:lol: Exactly. If by "poorest trained" you mean the "most lethal."

Sa~Craig said:
if they declared war on any european nation EVERY country in the Europe Union would respond

Yeah dude, like what happened in Bosnia. Right on.

And when the EU responded their secret massive armies would jump on their secret naval transports and land on America shores within hours, after their secret aircraft carriers established naval supremacy in the Atlantic. All coordinated via European Union central command. :crazyeye:

malclave said:
Yeah, no wonder you advertise DU in your sig. The group whose members were writing that they hoped a conservative public figure who had been diagnosed with breast cancer would die a painful death. Mrs. Edwards was able to get you pathetic idiots to show some humanity briefly, but then your true nature took over and you reverted to your hatred again, which is all you have going for you. Then, finally, your mods deleted the posts when they came to the attention of some right-wing blogs and you couldn't stand to have your true opinions exposed to the world.

Get a clue, and think for yourself instead of having DU and Kos tell you what flavor to drink.

(OFF TOPIC MODE)

There are a good bunch of conspiracy nuts there, fortunately, I'm not one of them. :p Free Republic makes the nuttiest DUer look sane by comparison, however. ;)

jar2574 said:
I don't see how your point ties into America. America is not attempting to be self sufficient and it is not ignoring every other nation.

America is the world's most active trader, its economy is heavily dependent on imports. And the economies of other countries are heavily dependent on America's. If anything, this is the opposite of self-sufficiency.

Re: ignoring other countries; America has troops stationed in most countries. If nothing else, its military has a watchful eye on those countries in which it is stationed. Not to mention CIA and NSA activities. America is more active in international affairs than any other nation. If anything, this is the opposite of "ignoring every other nation."

Point is, once you've pissed off every other nation sufficiently, you'll end up like Cuba, only worse (at least Cuba had the USSR to back them up).

Zombie69 said:
Point is, once you've pissed off every other nation sufficiently, you'll end up like Cuba, only worse (at least Cuba had the USSR to back them up).

Worst analogy, ever.

jar2574 said:
And when the EU responded their secret massive armies would jump on their secret naval transports and land on America shores within hours, after their secret aircraft carriers established naval supremacy in the Atlantic. All coordinated via European Union central command. :crazyeye:

LOL.

Since Civ presents us with a ridiculously simple economic and social model, it's hard to say. Civ doesn't cover immigration, terrorism or economic / social instability very well.

How is that a bad analogy? It was meant to show that once you get isolated with an embargo, you can get real poor real fast.

Maybe it's a bad analogy if you guys think it's Castro's fault if his people are so poor, and not the USA's. If that's the case, there's nothing i can do to defeat the decades of propaganda you've been subjected to which lead you to believe this.

Odin2006 said:
(OFF TOPIC MODE)

There are a good bunch of conspiracy nuts there, fortunately, I'm not one of them. :p Free Republic makes the nuttiest DUer look sane by comparison, however. ;)

I wouldn't know... I don't read Free Republic. Do they, like (some) DUers, cheer when people are diagnosed with cancer and hope for a painful death?

BUt your sig itself proves that you are a "conspiracy nut"... I don't know if you're just a liar or if you're actually foolish enough to read your own rhetoric.

Zombie69 said:

Zombie69 said:
How is that a bad analogy? It was meant to show that once you get isolated with an embargo, you can get real poor real fast.

Maybe it's a bad analogy if you guys think it's Castro's fault if his people are so poor, and not the USA's. If that's the case, there's nothing i can do to defeat the decades of propaganda you've been subjected to which lead you to believe this.

Your analogy would require America's biggest trading partners to stop trading with it; something which is not even close to happening. America and many of its trading partners are quite interdependent, as one of my previous posts pointed out.

Cuba's plight is caused by one major superpower, whereas your analogy would require many smaller powers to join together (against each of their economic interests) and stop trading with the USA.

The USA is a nation with almost 300 million people blessed with enormous amounts of natural resources, and is the third largest nation in the world. Cuba is a small island nation of 11+ million, with only a few natural resources.

Cuba's GDP per capita is $3300. America's GDP per capita is $41,800. Even with no foreign trade, America's per capita GDP would remain well above $3300.

You said that America would be even worse off than Cuba, because at least Cuba had the USSR to back it. But Cuba no longer has the USSR to back them, and so that statement did not make your analogy any stronger.

Other than that, yeah, your analogy was perfect. The USA will end up exactly like Cuba.

Because your analogy was so perfect, I can see why you sensed so adroitly that I had been brainwashed by propaganda into thinking that the blockade was Castro's fault. Glad you're here to clear all these things up. Sometimes it is best for me to just give up and admit that I'm wrong.

Well, I considered reading ALL 12 pages of this thread, but decided that it would waste too much of my precious time ;). So, I have to ask, at what point did this topic divert into a 'Why America is better than every other nation' vs. 'Why I hate America' debate? For the record, I lie somewhere in the middle. Conservative Americans piss me off-especially George Dubya-but a large proportion of ordinary Americans are good, decent, hard-working folk. If I had one complaint, its that I truly wish more of them would make an effort to take part in the democratic process-can't you guys see how a failure to participate in elections has allowed your nations agenda be hijacked by the Ultra-Conservatives and Neo-Conservatives?

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Zombie69 said:
If that's the case, there's nothing i can do to defeat the decades of propaganda you've been subjected to which lead you to believe this.

Oh hay guys, I'm brainwashed. United States is the next Third Reich.

LOL AMERIKKKA.

malclave said:
I voted for Bush in 2004 because there was nobody else running for President... nobody could give me a single reason to vote FOR Kerry when I asked.

And, because of who I voted for, you classify me as immoral and indecent?

Screw you too.

I meant no offense. I was just saying not all of USA supports Bush. Sorry.

China would win the game in the real world, by points and populations alone. For 2000+ years it has exerted regional dominance in asia, have the highest population and maintained cultural coherence. Although it has met several low points in its history, it has always climbed back up, no other country can say the same.

For those that supported America, remember that the "Now" is her golden age. It won't last forever, it doesn't have the history to accumulate that much point, its dominant culture is composed of no identity that any sophisticate would associate with and besides is an amalgam of different ones belonging to other culture.

Shaihulud said:
China would win the game in the real world, by points and populations alone. For 2000+ years it has exerted regional dominance in asia, have the highest population and maintained cultural coherence. Although it has met several low points in its history, it has always climbed back up, no other country can say the same.

India.

I'm going to start sounding like Bush. "Don't forget about India."

Top Bottom