Rebate for PTW owners?

Originally posted by EddyG17
You know what, they wont give you the rebete because 1)there are many other custumers 2) I'll bet you will buy it with or out a rebete!

No need to get testy. Of course Atari, or whoever makes the decision, will not offer the rebate. Ozymandous just thinks that they should and I agree 100% with his arguments.

A rebate does a number of things, it gets people to buy the game sooner. Ozymandous already stated that he will probably buy the game without the rebate but after the price drops. If they offer the rebate, he will purchase it soon thus increasing the initial profits of the game. It is better for the company if tehy recopu their investments sooner as opposed to later. Offering the rebate would have marginal effect on this. I read a recent report a few weeks back on mail in rebates. About 25% of products pruchased that offer a mail in rebate, the rebate is never collected. If I find the article, I will link it.

Also, don't forget the marketing information that Atari will gain with the information that must be provided to obtain the rebate. That information, if used correctly, is worth more than any rebate that the company will issue.

Offering a rebate will influence my decision on when to buy C3C. Since I can not play PTW at the moment, due to my PC's specs, I assume the same will be true for C3C. Therefore, I will NOT buy C3C until I upgrade my system. However, if there is a limited time rebate offer, I will purchase the game in order to save me some cash regardless of its playability on my machine.

the game is the same and there is no real depreciation on the code/game.

So there is no depreciation? Then how come you can buy games a few months after it's released for a cheaper price?

If you want to play the game sooner, you have to pay more. I used to buy video games (not computer games) all the time this way. Paying $60 for a Nintendo game wasn't worth it if I could wait 3-6 months and pick it up at a discount bin for $20. If you decide to file the game away and not play it, then that is your fault.

Originally posted by Bamspeedy

So there is no depreciation? Then how come you can buy games a few months after it's released for a cheaper price?

If you want to play the game sooner, you have to pay more. I used to buy video games (not computer games) all the time this way. Paying $60 for a Nintendo game wasn't worth it if I could wait 3-6 months and pick it up at a discount bin for $20. If you decide to file the game away and not play it, then that is your fault.

How come games are cheaper? Because the publisher is trying to make SOME profit instead of MAX profit off the product. Even if they write off the loss when the price goes down they still make money in one way or another.

I don't mind paying more to play a game now, but I DON'T like to pay twice for something I have already bought. If C3 did NOT include the stuff from PTW I would have no qualms at all with paying $30 for the product, but the fact that 50% of the "new" stuff in C3 is from a product I already bought means it's only worth half of the price for the full product.

The sticking point is still that people who buy both have spent double what others will have for the same product. If everyone had to buy both packs to get all the stuff then this issue wouldn't even have come up at all. :)

I am neutral...for yes on rebates, remember Game boy advance SP? EB had (still has?) a deal where you could trade your GBA and some $$$ forgot how much, to get a GBA SP.

for no,, no rebate, i am happy with PTW, it provided its moneys worth, and i like collecting games. kinda shows.

also, h4ppy, saves and fanmade scenarios arent on the CD, they are on the Harddrive, and can be transferred easily.

Top Bottom