Recommended Sci-fi mod

Thirteen 1355

Chieftain
Hey guys!
I've been checking out various Civ4 mods based on exploring a planet in a sci-fi setting. I've come across a few iterations of this concept:
Colonization 2071: unfinished
Civ4: Planetfall: finished
Civ4: Dune Wars: finished
Civ4: Dune Wars Revival: finished
Civ4: Mars, Now!: unfinished
I can only find limited information on these mods' completion rates. Which one of these mods is considered the most complete/polished/enjoyable Civ4 sci-fi experience? I'll be updating this post based on what I find out, so that other people looking for sci-fi mods know which options will provide a full and polished experience.

Last edited:
I can't answer the question, but I would add Colonization 2071 to the list. It's a Colonization mod, but it has civ like features like a tech tree, making it more like a hybrid. I will not debate which mod is best, but I will say it's an interesting mod if you want space and something different. It's not BTS and it's not Colonization, but still in some ways it's both.

Wow, your response made me really glad I decided to bring my question to the forum. Certainly adding this to the list, also giving me a good reason to get into Colonization more. How is that mod in terms of polish?

Last edited:
I noticed that while Colonization 2071 seems incredibly promising and has a lot of potential, it's not very complete yet. Some screens still reference things like 'The New World' and 'Europe'. This clearly wasn't intended and needs to be updated still. Active development seems to have ceased.

From now on, I will be editing my first post based on the sci-fi mods that I come across and their state of development.

dune wars both versions are quite complete and a magnificent mod.

Civ4: Planetfall - also - complete and unique.

i my seft created barsoom - mod based of of the movie/books about john carter, though its off balanced.
i also had song of the moon 2. but i guess its also not so well balanced.

dune wars, is the best at the moment.

theres also startrek mod somewhere in the forum and final frontier plus and a babylon 5 mod.

so, there are options.

Thanks a lot, certainly gonna try out both Dune Wars Revival and Planetfall!

Will adjust my list.

Top Bottom