Redwallzyl's GEM For Caveman2Cosmos

Alright people i have finished the terrain and features for the map. All that's left are the resources!

I will upload the save for everyone to look at if they want but it is NOT READY to play so don't actually play a game using it. you have to use the added civs mod still to get the civs to spawn right as well.

Attachments

• cleaned_Redwall 2.0 map.Civ4WorldBuilderSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
just a quick update. i have been busy for awhile but i finally have some time with thanksgiving so i will try to get the mineral map done. i finally managed to scrounge a good data set up form the USGS website the appears to be complete. due to the nature of the data and the sheer volume (305,011 points) I'm going to be generalize a bit with resources corresponding to high concentrations for that area. the map is also a bit heavy on American data for obvious reasons so that get extra generalized. I'm going to try for a good balance so what (random number) 10 gold mines might represent takes 5 uranium or something modified by region.

for reference this is about 60,000 points for gold mines. so Americas will have a much higher requirement compared to Africa and west/central Asia but Australia and eastern Asia have a higher requirement. this will hopefully lead to having most resources available in most places but having certain resources be less or more common in some areas.

please feel free to ask any questions or voice any criticisms you want. if someone thinks it would be better to have resources be scarcer than please share your input.

Every time I try to start the Preset Civs version 2.2 map I crash to desktop. Noticed that I need Toffers graphics pack. However his graphics pack is not compatible with v36 of C2C. Is there another fix out there or just have to wait for the graphics pack to be made compatible?

have you installed the latest C2C patch? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=559944

Spoiler :

that is likely the cause. the graphics pack is just because of a persistent purple texture thing with deep coast. it works fine except those tiles are incandescent purple. see below.

Spoiler :

alternatively you might have not installed the civ megapack mod that is required to play with the original GEM civs. you can use the vanilla map version if you want to use the default C2C civs with no other requirements.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538110

Thanks the patch worked for me and I can load up the map now. The only issue I see is that the Civs on the preset map aren't all in the correct locations.

did they move their settlers? they can sometimes move around annoyingly and i cant do anything about it. you would have to manualy demolish and move them with worldbuilder. or are you looking at the worldbuilder on the first turn? or are the civs the wrong civs? that would be caused by no having the civ megapack installed.

did they move their settlers? they can sometimes move around annoyingly and i cant do anything about it. you would have to manualy demolish and move them with worldbuilder. or are you looking at the worldbuilder on the first turn? or are the civs the wrong civs? that would be caused by no having the civ megapack installed.
Hey any chance that you could update the map for the latest svn?

Top Bottom