Reference: Overview of Civilization properties

Mercade

the Counsellor
Some information about civilizations changes from patch to patch. Therefore the manuals are no longer valid and even this fine website doesn't always have the most up to date info in its Info Centre. Also, it's helpful to have one list with all 24 Civs when picking a Civ to play.

Therefore I've prepared a small Excel 2000 sheet with an overview of the most important data for all Civs (fits on one A4). The columns are:
  • Traits (militaristic, scientific, ...)
  • Free techs at start of game
  • Aggression level
  • Unique Unit (and which it replaces)
  • Culture Group
  • Favourite / shunned Government
Excel sheet: Civs-Overview-PtW-1.21b.zip or PDF: Civs-Overview-PtW-1.21b-pdf.zip.

Edit: April 21; Release b: Updated Impi (spearman) and Sipahi (cavalery)

Hope you find it useful. People without Excel can use this Microsoft's Free Excel Viewer or Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you want it in a different format, let me know.

good idea. I guess it should be moved to the torturials forum.

Good job:goodjob:

There are some things to be changed:
Sipahi replaces Cavalry
and Impi replaces Spearman
these are what I noticed but anyway it's great

Thanks! :)

Thanks for your positive feedback. I've fixed Sipahi (Cavalry) and Impi (Spearman). The new file can be downloaded in the start of this thread (release b).

Mercade, is this in either Excel 97 or 2000 format? If so, you might want to put a link to Microsoft's Free Excel Viewer in the first post for those who don't own Excel and still want to use it.

Originally posted by pdescobar
Mercade, is this in either Excel 97 or 2000 format? If so, you might want to put a link to Microsoft's Free Excel Viewer in the first post for those who don't own Excel and still want to use it.
Edited as per your suggestion. Thanks! Would you like it added in another format too? Blank text with tab separation or so, or PDF for printing on A4?

Thank you.

PDF wouldn't hurt, and I know some people prefer PDF.

I have Excel on one computer, and the Free Excel Viewer on the other.

Originally posted by kring
Thank you.

PDF wouldn't hurt, and I know some people prefer PDF.

I have Excel on one computer, and the Free Excel Viewer on the other.
OK, PDF added in the post above, containing an A4 (landscape) print-out of the Excel sheet. The PDF document contains two pages, one with all columns, and one with a bigger font that doesn't have the favourite and shunned governments columns.

Top Bottom