regaining breakaway states?

forlorn.hopes

Chieftain
Hey: i was just wondering about the *new* (?) feature which allows certain regions to gain independence (not neccessarily when you have bad stability): and gives you certain options to stop them from revolting (with percentage chances of success alongside each choice)..

unfortunately i dont have a screenshot atm; but i figured ill try and describe it.:

in previous games: when ive played England; Scotland rises up and i get about 4 options on getting Scotland to stay in my hands...from memory its stuff like letting them be (10% chance they will stay with you) and combine all of above options (60% chance that they will stay with you).
For Spain, its always Catalonia.

my question is what determines the percentages on the sides and how can i minimise the odds of such events happening?

my bad try at reading the code behind it suggest that stacks of defenders can help making the chances they'll stay with you bigger

The percentage depends on a combination of your stability, the number of garrison units that you keep in the cities and the amount of gold that you have and spend to bribe the rebels.

Note that all of the individual benefits are capped, which means that a large garrison is worse than a moderate garrison + gold bribe. Also, regardless of what you do, you cannot drive the rebellion percentage to zero, there is always a chance that the rebellion will succeed.

Top Bottom