Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Nov 29, 2020.
Just commited a fix
I agree that hurrying may very well be a bit on the cheap side. Gameplay wise, we should create an incentive for players to plan ahead so that they'll have to import/produce the required resources rather than relying on cash-rushing. A small exponential scaling may be what's needed. Civ3 had a mechanism where hurrying got progressively more expensive the less completed the build was. Incidentally this also created an exploit where players would rush cheaper builds and then step-wise rush more expensive builds. Note that this problem does not apply to WTP since production (i.e. hammers) cannot be retained when switching to another build.
On a related note, population growth should also require exponentially more food (like Civ5/6) but that's another discussion!
Did you have the Capitalist trait (that gives free markets) ? I think that free buildings may not be able to be destroyed (will have to double check).
FYI: Fixed in 184.108.40.206 (https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/commit/dc6be48e7bd73ac79b63ec5a6393a442b20103d4)
yes, most likely you are right. my leader had this trait. I'll check it out as soon as possible.
Fixed in e02d12a (https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/commit/e02d12a0c40a509d821e1c804efb4e693945a3a0)
This was actually a serious regression (Details are in the commit message). What happened was not normal combat at all!
The second issue related to a second pirate spawning is unlikely to be an actual bug. It was probably just a random spawn that happened on the same plot (unlikely but not impossible)
220.127.116.11 is released
I enabled a new optimization feature while compiling. Back when the makefile was written, it could very well add more than an hour to compilation time considering the computers in use back then. For that reason it made sense to not use it on a regular basis. Not only did I add it as a new option (hence not used on a daily basis), now it only adds 3 minutes. Once in a while it makes sense to review old decisions. I read that this optimization can make the game up to 10% faster, but I haven't tested this claim. I will eventually, but I wanted to get the release out ASAP.
I also scripted release making to make the releases more consistent. No more "what did I do last time? I think it was...". Hopefully that will make it easier to upgrade.
Ive been playing around with the new release (Just in time, last save was 2017 with R&R!!)
* There still seems to be a problem with fog of war in ocean tiles. Its triggered when you spot a sea creature. The game allows you to see where the animal stops when you end your turn. The problem then occurs that the tile the animal stopped in stays visible for the rest of the game
* The defense AI for european nations isnt doing so well. Large cities may only have a single defender. AI seems to be overly concerned with build up city sizes and hiring lots of people rather than proper defense
* The AI should consider their own military strength before accepting a call to war. I received a mission from my King to declare on Denmark. Denmark then called in both Portugal and Spain against me. Problem was, they did not have a good military and the units the King sent me was sufficient to take their capitals
* The War AI isnt great at the moment. A few things I observed:
- I left a city undefended at the back of my Colonies and the AI just walked right past it.
- In the cities I was actively attacking, they sent their pioneers out into the open to build stuff. They sent a defender out with them, but its not a good idea when the enemy army is in the adjacent tile
- After capturing the Portuguese capital, the Portuguese nation sent pioneers into my newly acquired land. Captured them for free, although it did mean I lost a turn moving towards the Spanish capital
Ive attached the save file
I can't reproduce this issue. Could someone else give it a try ? (and if you do succeed, please provide detailed instructions for a simpleton like me )
Wans't a highlighted circel there`?
Hi! the Automatic trade seems not to be working for ships. Help pls?
I have a fix but IRL got in the way. Hopefully I can publish a DLL for you to test in the next couple of days (that is, if you don't mind being a tester )
I broadly agree with your observations and these issues are on my TODO list. If we only had more AI programmers
YES PLEASE! It would be an honor. Thank you! BTW, how do I know if u published a ddl? Tysm
I've attached a DLL built from e47fff3.
It contains several fixes relative to 18.104.22.168 but the most relevant ones for the trade routes issues are the following:
- Fix swapped import and export spinboxes
- Fix broken import limits
Note that this is not an official release and is only intended to allow testers to help us out
I bet you really had to invest quite some work into this.
So many thanks for your efforts.
I highly suspect it will cause an issue as I added a call from DLL to a new python function. It's missing unless this file is added too. The path is in the file, but I might as well mention the file here too. It's Assets\Python\EntryPoints\CvCPPInterface.py
The reason why I added it is that it's part of the OOS investigation and for some reason python can tell if an OOS occurred, but the DLL can't. That's why I added a file with the purpose of allowing the DLL to ask python for information.
This should be updated so we know that 22.214.171.124 has been released.
Thanks for everybody's hard work at keeping this wonderful game alive.
Thanks. Updated. This is however pre-merge and already outdated in terms of development. We are currently busy fixing bugs in preparations for the next release. No ETA though because we won't release while we have known issues, which are too serious. Any time estimate would be just that: an estimate, which we have no idea will be accurate and then it will create unneeded pressure. All I can say is it will be out ASAP, but not before we consider it ready.
Separate names with a comma.