Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Nov 29, 2020.
Thanks for the info and quick response.
It is is not a "global Quest".
Meaning that AI can also start and win it even if you already won it.
(There is no message triggered to you if it does.)
I purposely design some Quests that way (as "not global") to protect AI.
Thus not too many Quests become inaccessible for AI simply because Human only triggered it.
Considering "Immersion" / "How should the Player know":
He simply should not know and I will not tell him purposely.
I simply have several such tricks in my design that keep up the "illusion" to the player without damaging AI.
I simply try to do both:
Keep up the illusion for Human Player that he is the only one and won the race. (Yes, you are the winner and you usually know.)
Still protect AI and also give it a chance to win some of these Quests. (I give AI a medal as well simply because it participated.)
Do you really want to ruin the illusion and really want to know all the things where I try to protect AI to keep it compatible?
Please do not ...
Sometimes players will of course find out ...
Just as you did and thus I had to be honest here to prevent an unnecessary bug search.
But in most cases the Players will never find out about my "small tricks" ...
(As a modder, it is of course very obvious if you check the config.)
Thanks for the great feeback!
It was exactly what I was hoping for ...
Finally the AI really is a challenge and actually backstabs !
Sounds like your AI improvements work.
Already looking forward to play them myself.
A lot of that stuff was already fixed in branch "Large Rivers".
It was simply not merged with this test branch, which we now corrected though.
I checked this thread for bugs that could still be in "river_merge".
I either directly fixed or created a post in our "river_merge" thread as reminder for me to fix over the weekend.
I dont if it still reported or still solve.
I play the April Version 184.108.40.206 and it isn't very easy to beat a ship which is in a harbor/city
And don't receive a combat info.
Just played a large 2.8.2 game. Here's my feedback. Btw, excellent mod progress, appreciate all the hard work. Settler profession works great. Although this has been out a while, the domestic market also works great - it's a huge money maker. Don't know if these bugs/suggestions have already been discussed or not:
1. A Continental Guard makes it hard to select units in adjacent tiles. You always end up selecting the CG when you click nearby tiles unless you zoom in
2. Demographics screen -> # soldiers > total population. Each military unit should count for less in that calculation, or each population unit count for more. Doesn't affect gameplay though and is minor
3. When you capture a colonist, they clone. One will be 50% power from the battle and be able to move that turn, while there will be a clone that has full power and has his movement used up that turn
1. Would be nice to have the ability to dump goods from a settlement
2. A few more demographics items would be nice -> tool & stone production, weapon production (can just sum blades + swords + guns), crosses, bells
3. Building ships -> maybe valuable wood instead of common wood? To balance, since New England had cedars and chestnuts, temperate climate timber squares may offer valuable wood that meets the requirements of ships. Maybe the higher quality ships (Galleon, Frigate, SOL, etc) would need valuable wood while coastal ships and others could be common wood. Has the effect of making valuable wood more strategic
4. I read a lot of threads covering the AI so understand the challenges plus good work so far in improving the AI (ie no hammer production, etc). Maybe the AI has to be forced with hard and fast rules if can be coded. Ie once a settlement reaches 11 people then it must build a medical office and station a colonist there. Just a likely oversimplified thought.
Thanks, looking forward to trying out the large rivers and other improvements in 2.9
In the latest update (2.9), I'm having a problem with auto-explore with both a caravel and some seasoned scouts.
The caravel will explore as it should for a time, then end up getting stuck in an Indian village. At that point, I have to click the auto-explore button again. This doesn't always work. Sometimes I have to move the caravel one tile to get it out of the village, then click auto-explore. That usually does the trick until the next time it gets "stuck".
The problem with the scouts is similar. They will get stuck in Indian villages and also out on regular terrain. Clicking the auto-explore button again doesn't always work. I sometimes have to manually walk them a few tiles before clicking the auto-explore button. And that doesn't always work, either. It happens so often that I have resorted to moving them manually.
This is a first run of the new update for learning purposes.
Just FYI, thanks for listening, and I hope this helps,
this is not an error. this is due to the fact that there are protected goodies nearby. as long as their guards are not destroyed, they will interfere with the movement of all automated units.
This thread is dead since we now already have official Release 2.9.
Please only use the normal threads for bugs and questions.
Thanks for trying to help.
Otherwise @Mr. ZorG is correct.
Any threats will normally stop automated Units.
Oh! Thanks for the explanation.
OK. Will do...
Separate names with a comma.