1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Release candidate 2.8.2.0 - testers needed

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Ja, das ist so. Auf diese Dinge wurde bisher nicht so viel Wert gelegt. Wird bis zum Release sicher noch angepasst, damit keiner verwirrt ist... :thumbsup:
    Readme und Install Instructions sollten meiner Meinung nach mal erneuert werden. RaR hat da einfach nichts mehr zu suchen.

Yes, that's so. Only little value has been attached to the readme now, because WTP team focussed on the mod. Will surely be amended until the release... :thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  2. devolution

devolution Prince

Hi, are you playing with the new random seed option ? If that's the case, then someone loading the save could observe different AI behaviour (assuming that's the culprit ofc). If this is not the case, then this issue is probably more interesting :scan:

3. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Yes you are correct, that is how it works. :thumbsup:
    The threshold for the water plots is 9 though.

If the lake is "too big" it is basically considered "Ocean" thus "Saltwater".
    That is still "Vanilla" behaviour by the way - unmodified by us.

4. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

New random seed is turned of. This setting should be by default turned of at it makes debugging and testing only harder.

5. devolution

devolution Prince

I agree, but I know from experience that people use a wide range of options...

6. devolution

devolution Prince

I know we should not "pollute" this thread by discussing new features, but I think that we could consider introducing a "freshwater sea\lake" terrain rather than abusing coast. It could make it easier to indicate the difference between a (freshwater) lake and a "salty" inland sea.

AbsintheRed, XSamatan and Mr. ZorG like this.
  7. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Yeah I forgot to update the text files. It would be nice with a new icon, but I'm not the one making that.

Once CvGame is done loading, it runs extra code to generate a new random number if requested. It wouldn't be hard to add an overwrite of this for testing games even if random seeds are used.

8. Kendon

Kendon Warlord

I've had this crash three times so I don't think it's coincidence. Each time I restart it works for a couple of turns and then crashes.

I'm playing Russia on the 1650 map. Fewer horses for scouts is a good change. It works well with the settler requirement.

Attached Files:

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Prince Supporter

Event plausiblity.
    Ship will stay becalmed for 1 turn - normally o.k. but here it hit a fishing boat while fishing.
    So at a time where the fishing (or whaling) boat stays stationary for far more than one turn anyway.
    Spoiler :

upload_2020-12-4_17-11-54.png

10. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

**** happens, but nothing that needs to be amended to my view.

11. devolution

devolution Prince

Confirming, this is a genuine crash! (null pointer deref)

12. ConjurerDragon

Well, it is at least misunderstanding as the fishing boat picture does not even stop to fish. "unavailable for any kind of duty except self-defence" implies that it would stop fishing and do nothing that turn.

13. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Logically if a fishing boat is stuck without wind, but happens to be on top of a lot of fish, they will continue to fish. The issue is the text, not the gameplay.

14. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

It does eventually reach the next turn. The issue is that CvUnitAI::AI_exploreFromShip takes up 97.52% of the time. Obviously this number is neither expected or acceptable. Both AI and pathfinding are @devolution territory.

Me. I'm moving on to network desyncs. Keep the desync savegames coming if you have them. For the time being we have no way of knowing if there is one or multiple desync bugs.

15. CurtnoAnna

CurtnoAnna Chieftain

Here's something interesting. I copied a worldbuilder map that I spent a lot of time modifying , from my mod challenge folder into this versions public map folder. Well the the 2 plot - 1 plot option didn't show (makes sense) but I had this added feature. My city plots did not default to hemp production. All my cities were random. Some hemp, some tobacco and even one with barley. Is random city plot yields a future possibility for an upcoming version? I don't know anything about modding so I wouldn't know if this would be difficult to do. Love the work you have all put into this. I have a few thousand hours "invested" in this on Steam (2504.2 hours). Mostly with WTP and R&R.

16. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Code:
    BeginMap
        City Catchment Radius=2
    EndMap
    Add this under BeginMap and you can pick 1 or 2. I highly recommend it if you have cities in your scenario because without specifying the player could change this.
    It should pick whatever sells for the most in Europe. You can click on the colony plot in the colony screen and force a specific yield if you want. There is no way to set this in world builder though or save it in the scenario file. Honestly I didn't think of world builder when I coded this feature. All I considered was compatibility with savegames and network games.

If you feel like making scenarios you want to share and/or need more features from this mod, then do make a more detailed feature request about what you have in mind. However this isn't the thread for it and odds are that whatever you request won't make it into the next release. It's time to fix bugs and release, not add more features. However there is always next release and we should release more often than we have done in the past.

17. ConjurerDragon

Plausibility treasure merging.

In my current game I used the merge treasure option the first time and it worked perfectly adding both treasures up to a new one of the combined size.

However that was in a newly founded city that consisted only of the two basic structures Base Camp and Carpenter´s shop.

Spoiler :

Treasure.jpg

As discussed here
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/treasure-transports.655374/
    the winning poll option was that merging of treasures for ease of ship transport should be possible only in cities with facilities that provided the needed hands and equipment (e.g. a pier / dock).

However the option works even in just started cities. This does not make much sense - even the fisherman can´t go out fishing in his small boat without a finished pier in the city - why would that city be able to unload, merge, load up again those treasures on the largest transportship existing, lacking the same pier?

18. ConjurerDragon

I located a portoguese ship near their colony in Greenland (random gigantic Americas map),

Spoiler :

Privateer.jpg

attacked and sunk their ship with my Privateer.

A privateer´s true nationality usually is unknown to other players and appears like a pirate.

However just after the sinking picture, where I hoped to get some nice cargo load I got a diplomacy screen instead with Mem de Sá who made me a peace offer that I could not refuse so that the Netherlands and Portugal are at piece.

How would Portugal know that the Privateer was mine when privateers do not fly national colours?

19. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

This looks like it is WAD. In this post Ray explains how he will implement the concept.

I would leave it at its current state, the system works very well!

Regards
    XSamatan

raystuttgart likes this.
  20. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

merging of treasures is possible in any city. however, it is also possible to send them to Europe only from a city where there is at least a pier. this is normal.

raystuttgart likes this.