Release dates, CVS, and stuff

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
Release dates:

As Impaler suggested I think we should stick to a fairly firm "release every 2 weeks" schedule. The releases will be kept to one post in the Mod Components forum. The next release will be scheduled for THIS SUNDAY (9th).

CVS:

I think it would be a good idea for everybody to have their own branch on the CVS for testing and suchlike. This way other people can look in on it and make suggestions at how the code could be improved. When the time comes to merge it is done by only one person, and that person will do their best to keep everybodies code as it was originally made.

Stuff:

I'll try to take a slightly more active role then I have been. Been busy with arriving home from uni, starting a new job, and generally having a good time, but I'm home now, and I've started a new job, so there's only generally having a good time left.

My thoughts:

So far we have been making all our changes to the dev branch and nothing has been merged to the main trunk, this kind of defeats the purpose of the trunk.

Instead we want to have the seperate branches for each developer, then these get merged into another branch (probably dev) by that one person (they being the only one who should merge that branch). Then everyone dose a bunch of internal testing on that branch, if some problem is found in a developer branch and it cant be resolved by the release date its droped from the Dev branch untill the next release. Once the dev branch has gone through testing and debugging it can be released and merged onto the Trunk Then developers update from the Trunk.

This should help to enshure that a problem in a Mod cant make us miss release dates or interfer with work by other moders.

Also when testing please ensure you go into the ini file and set saves for every turn, and to show all errors!

Testing is useless if half the errors are supressed.

Dale

Top Bottom