Religion related bugs

majaczek

Warlord
i got prophet from druidic tradition but no prophet from shamanism, and probably no prophet from tengrism. each game this happenned I have of course Divine Prophets ON.

Checked the XML and both of those do have Prophets available. But its only for the first civ to get those techs. At the moment, I've been a bit remiss about cleaning up some display issues for Divine Prophets (that I didn't have the skill set at the time to update properly though now I do.)

If the Religion at those techs hasn't been taken by a civ yet, it may still confusingly show up as if the prophet may still be available there, even though a civ may have learned that tech and gotten the prophet from it. This is particularly confusing on Choose Religions games.

I do have the goal on my todo list to fix this up so that on Divine Prophets, it will let you know if the prophet is still available on a given tech or not but for now, just know that there's no way to know (without having full vision on all opponent civs and knowing what they've researched) until you get the tech and find out if you get the Prophet or not.

I suggest changing the mechanics to give GP for every civ discovering the tech before religion is founded... it would be simplier for player view. but showing if you get GP or not is also nice.

It'd be terribly imbalanced to take your first suggestion. The second is an item on the todo list. For now just know that researching a religious tech is a bit of a crap shoot.

The icon for the religion tech does change to tell you if the religion has been founded but that does not help with the Divine Prophets case.

Right... for DP, I need to make it conditionally change on the option to display the icon if the prophet hasn't been obtained from that tech rather than if the religion normally attached to that tech has been founded.

It would also be extremely helpful to copy the 'Spread Religion' action into its own 'Found Religion' action so I can generate new icons for those actions that will make it clear you're able to FOUND this religion rather than potentially just spreading it.

There's also a few simple text display adjustments that would take place on the option change.

A couple of fairly simple tasks for me now but at the time they were baffling. Now its just a matter of finding it to be high enough priority to address.

Top Bottom