[MODCOMP] Remove Alt Timelines

UncivilizedGuy

The Village Idiot
Remove Alt Timelines

This is a modmod that removes all of the Steampunk related techs, units and buildings. It also removes the Megafauna tech and units. Yes those modules can be disabled without this mod. Unfortunately there are some errors that occur when those modules are disabled. This mod removes those errors AND disables the modules.

Instructions for installation:
Requires version 40.
Download the attached file name "C2C Remove Alt Timelines" then extract to your downloads folder.
Then drag the folder named Caveman2Cosmos into your Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder and it will overwrite all necessary data to remove the 'punk and Megafauna techs.

Changes

• Disabled all Alt Timeline files (Steampunk, Starpunk, Megafauna, etc)
  • Removed buildings created by Pepper2000 that reference the 'punk techs
  • Removed references to the Megafauna tech
  • moved the Herd-Ratite building to Poultry Domestication

Attachments

• C2C Remove Alt Timelines.zip
    329.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
You can simply turn them off - in \Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines there is MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls xml.
You can change al entries to 0 except bottom 3.

You can simply turn them off - in \Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines there is MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls xml.
You can change al entries to 0 except bottom 3.
If I’m not mistaken, when I did that I was getting errors on start up from the buildings that were referencing those texts.

If I’m not mistaken, when I did that I was getting errors on start up from the buildings that were referencing those texts.
That may be... I know that at times it has not been fully modular but DH may have done some cleaning up on that. It's tough to keep it that way it seems.

Some modules can be turned off
Removing the errors is a simple fix. The buildings in Pepper’s file that reference the Steampunk techs should be moved to the Alt Timeline folder. Also there is a reference in Thunderbrd’s folder to the Megafauna tech. What I suggest doing is moving the Megafauna tech to the Alt Timeline folder along with Thunderbrd’s references so that the tech is completely turned off when the module is disabled.

Top Bottom