Representation Policy Text Bug

DRK248

Chieftain
After I adopt the representation policy, the culture tool-tip still shows that each city I found increases policy cost by 10 percent instead of 7 percent (standard settings with no mods and a cleared cache). I am confident that there is no problem with the policy (see backstory below) and just a problem with a tool-tip. I clearly remember the tool-tip showing the 7 percent text before. This is most likely a minor bug but it has caused me a lot of trouble so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. In particular, are there any game files I should look at specifically?

Backstory: I felt like I was adopting policies slower than usual and realized that the culture tool-tip still showed 10% even after adopting representation. I removed the DLC mods I was using and started a new game, and there was still no change to the tool-tip after adopting the policy. So I uninstalled then reinstalled the game and tried again. The tool-tip was still unchanged but after calculating the social policy costs, it seemed like the representation policy was working and affecting the policy cost.

In my experience, that tooltip doesn't vary based on whether you have adopted Representation. But it does vary by map size. On a Standard map, the per city penalty is 10%, but on a Large map it is only 7.5% (and Marathon is only 2.5%). Perhaps that is what you recall.

Top Bottom