Resistance Modifier

MikeV

Chieftain
I have a question about setting the values in the Civ3Edit Governments page. (This is probably a questions for someone who knows the algorithm used.)

Under the "Resistance Modifier vs." setting, the Help file says:

"Resistance Modifier (Government Properties)

Determines the modifier to a single population point's chance of continuing to resist each turn. Positive numbers mean that the resisting population has a greater chance of continuing to resist, while negative numbers increase the chance that resisters will return to productivity."

In the civ3mod.bic file (as of 1.1.7f), the values for, say, Monarchy are:
vs. Anarchy: -5
vs. Despotism: -5
vs. Monarchy: 0
vs. Communism: 5
vs. Republic: 5
vs. Democracy: 5

It seems that the way to interpret these values is something like the following: if a civ with Monarchy as its government conquers an enemy city (and does not raze it, of course ;)), then -

the program checks each citizen, to see if it will resist the conquering civ. The check is modified by the entry above, as a %.

For example, if the conquered city belongs to a civ currently in Anarchy, there is 5% _less_ chance the citizen will resist. But if the opposing civ is a Democracy, a 5% _higher_ chance it will resist.

Is this about right?

To me, it seems exactly like that.

These modifiers are the major worry for beople who make mods with tons of new governments. They must write in resistance and propaganda modifiers for each new gov against each new and old gov. That is the main reason why I try to cut down the number of new govs in my planned mod.

Top Bottom