[RESOLVED] Seeking someone with Maya and/or Vietnam pack

Nerevatar

Warlord
I'm seeking some unusual modding help. A few people is reporting a problem with loading my mod. They report it is the only mod loaded. I can see no issue on my end, and plenty of other people have been using it. I suspect the problem is with either the Maya pack or the Vietnam pack (main suspect is Maya pack).

It would be a great(!) help if someone with one or both of those DLCs could download the mod: Nere's Rebalanced Secret Societies and start a game with it, and then upload their database.log and modding.log.

I would really like to provide a smooth experience and let as many people as possible use it, but I am unable to solve this if no one provides me with some log files. Help me help others.

I have all DLCs. Loaded your mod with all DLC, activated SS mode. No issues.

My advice: if someone has issues - they should provide the logs for you. Not the other way around.

Thanks a lot for the test! Weird nothing came up. Did you have any other modes beside SS active? Again mostly interested in Apocalypse and M&C since I can't test with those myself.

I would love to follow your advice, but it's just that no one responds :-( and I guess I am too helpful to just let it go.

Last edited:
I will respond! I was having issues with the mod, I will try to test tonight/tomorrow and send the log files here.

@Infixo Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out.

I will respond! I was having issues with the mod, I will try to test tonight/tomorrow and send the log files here.

Thank you. I'm watching the thread so I should be notified whenever you make a new post.

I tried to set up a new game with the same configurations as last week and it seems to work now.
I am playing with all dlc + a couple of mods and all modes on except DA and Apocalypse.

It seems like your updates over the weekend worked for me.

I tried to set up a new game with the same configurations as last week and it seems to work now.
I am playing with all dlc + a couple of mods and all modes on except DA and Apocalypse.

It seems like your updates over the weekend worked for me.

Sounds good. That fix for specifically for not having DA enabled, so that fits your description. Thanks for the test.

Well I tried again with the same settings, this time with DA enabled, and it seems to work just fine.

I'll be finishing off my current game this week and then I'm excited to play this mod. Seems like this will make SS way more challenging.

I'll be finishing off my current game this week and then I'm excited to play this mod. Seems like this will make SS way more challenging.

Harder choices and no cultist spam at least ;)

I would appreciate if you could confirm on steam it is now working for you and give a like if you enjoy the mod.

There isn't a specific topic for this mod and the post is too long for steam, so I'll post it here:

I still really like this mod. It makes secret societies more interesting/challenging instead of the usual powercreep and somewhat more balanced. Couple of thoughts and things I noticed.

1) Sanguine Pact still geared towards domination. Owls mainly geared towards diplomacy victory or if you generally go for a peaceful game. Voidsingers for religious victory. Hermetic order towards science victory. Culture Victory has no specific SS geared towards. You could argue Voidsingers, but see my next points.

2) With voidsingers I am still able to get a cultist. This might have happened after the april patch.

3) In general, I think you need to take a look at the voidsingers, they need an overhaul. I think the extra loyalty pressure from governors from tier 3 voidsingers, is way too impactful. If a couple of AI have voidsingers, at some point the entire world is flipping. Especially CS revolt within just a few turns. This is not strategy, it happens without even having to think it through. I had to put my governors far away to the outskirts, because I didn't want certain CS to flip.

4) I would say, drop the 'harvest ban' in tier 2, because that seems a bit too restrictive to me, and restrict the governor pressure to -6 if ANY governor is within range, so don't make it cumulative.

5) The extra GWAM points you get from killing is also too situational. In a religious game, I don't think I am on the aggressive side a lot. If I aim for a cultural victory, I also mostly try to maintain peace, cause I want to send traders and have open borders with everyone.

6) I would suggest to make Voidsingers solely revolve around religion, faith and loyalty. Faith has become a powerful yield, there are quite a few civs that need a religion in order to shine and loyalty becomes a fun element when having voidsingers. That is more than enough to make the voidsingers interesting.

7) In order to give a culture game a place, I would suggest to incorporate some culture/tourism elements in the owls of minerva. Now it mainly focuses on diplomatic victory and peace. Diplo victory is not the most popular victory type and I think that diplo and cultural victory can go hand in hand.

There isn't a specific topic for this mod and the post is too long for steam, so I'll post it here:

I still really like this mod. It makes secret societies more interesting/challenging instead of the usual powercreep and somewhat more balanced. Couple of thoughts and things I noticed.

1) Sanguine Pact still geared towards domination. Owls mainly geared towards diplomacy victory or if you generally go for a peaceful game. Voidsingers for religious victory. Hermetic order towards science victory. Culture Victory has no specific SS geared towards. You could argue Voidsingers, but see my next points.

2) With voidsingers I am still able to get a cultist. This might have happened after the april patch.

3) In general, I think you need to take a look at the voidsingers, they need an overhaul. I think the extra loyalty pressure from governors from tier 3 voidsingers, is way too impactful. If a couple of AI have voidsingers, at some point the entire world is flipping. Especially CS revolt within just a few turns. This is not strategy, it happens without even having to think it through. I had to put my governors far away to the outskirts, because I didn't want certain CS to flip.

4) I would say, drop the 'harvest ban' in tier 2, because that seems a bit too restrictive to me, and restrict the governor pressure to -6 if ANY governor is within range, so don't make it cumulative.

5) The extra GWAM points you get from killing is also too situational. In a religious game, I don't think I am on the aggressive side a lot. If I aim for a cultural victory, I also mostly try to maintain peace, cause I want to send traders and have open borders with everyone.

6) I would suggest to make Voidsingers solely revolve around religion, faith and loyalty. Faith has become a powerful yield, there are quite a few civs that need a religion in order to shine and loyalty becomes a fun element when having voidsingers. That is more than enough to make the voidsingers interesting.

7) In order to give a culture game a place, I would suggest to incorporate some culture/tourism elements in the owls of minerva. Now it mainly focuses on diplomatic victory and peace. Diplo victory is not the most popular victory type and I think that diplo and cultural victory can go hand in hand.

Another time it would probably be best to tag someone with a @ otherwise it might get missed :) Luckily I still (by mistake) have this thread watched so I noticed it. Anyways, on to your feedback.

First of all, I'm happy you like it. It's honestly the reason to make mods, to give other people a positive experience. Well for me at least. And now for the rest:

1) Yes, that is on purpose. Voindsingers are supposed to be religious with a dash of culture victory if religious don't work out - kinda like the base game works with Faith and Rock Bands. So I somewhat consider that a success :lol: I experimented around with making them more "generic", but it had two problems: 1. it was hard to come up with enough interesting, impactful and challenges malus and bonus without specialization, and 2. it got a bit bland / unflavorful.

2) Hm weird, that's not supposed to happen. I took a look around the code and I believe I found the issue. I can't download the april patch and start up civ6 currently, so I can't test it and upload the fix, but I will get steam sorted at some point soon-ish.

3)+4) I haven't seen it that bad before in any of my games. Was this just a fluke / one off game, or did it happen multiple times / games? I can't change it to not stack with multiple governors (not possible within the code) but the amount could be lowered, so one would have to actively work to be able to flip cities. Setting it to 3 should balance it out better, but having a CS surrounded by cities with governors would probably still flip it, but I guess that's more of an edge case.

And about the harvest malus: It was done to balance out the added bonus to district yields from appeal. And THAT was in turn done to give Voidsingers a more active and unique playstyle which they kind of lacked.

5) Note that the bonus actually also works for religious combat. So it synergies with a religious victory turned cultural. You can have a kill squad of apostle hunting kills. I don't think this bonus is super great, but I couldn't find any other interesting and appropriate ways to give them some GWAM points, preferably with some religious synergy. Any ideas / suggestions?

6) Problem with only focusing on Religion is that it is a win condition that gets harder and harder (and more annoying) the longer the game goes, so it can be hard to justify giving too many bonuses to it in the late game. The tier 4 bonus is really over the top, just to make it "viable" so late in the game to go for a religious victory. I guess it could be turned into some more loyalty / faith related shenanigans instead. Any ideas / suggestions?

7) Could be possible if Voidsingers was focused away from culture. I don't currently have any ideas on how to make some interesting way to do this other then just piling on some random tourism bonus, so any input would be appreciate and would increase the chances of getting it changed (still no promises tho, it still has to be doable within the modding framework and align with the rest of the mod).

Top Bottom