Resource reskins

I know about that mod. In fact, I posted it here with the author's permission and have been adding mine, Barathor's and Horem's art to all of the non-animal resources. Is that the one you're referring to? The one on Steam hasn't been updated since the end of March and should still be v 8.

[bows to your brilliance]

Yes it is, I have version 9 at the moment, not from Steam, but the link from this site.

Are the expansions G&K and BNW worth it? So far I am finding that Civ 5 is full of wonderful graphic eye-candy but game play is somewhat simplified,...I miss the stacked units and detailed game play from the Civ 4 mods.

...and olives,...that would go under Fruit Resources? Found a mod that includes that resource.

Personally I love BNW (perhaps a little too much as it's basically supersceeded every other video game I have since getting it last August) but it's entirely up to you. Having never played Civ 4 (was gifted a copy about a day before getting Gold Edition via an awesome Steam sale) I don't have a reference to how it used to be.

sorry about the delay,...been working on getting our phone back online,...turns out it wasn't MagicJack's fault(MagicJack Plus 2014 version), but the NetGear Wireless Router needed to be reprogrammed to accept the UDP protocol on a separate IPv4 address,...boring MCSE stuff.

Anyway, thank you for that recommendation. I will just get the DVD versions of both as I don't trust the online purchased versions, not because of Steam, but what if my HD crashes?, plus the fact that I live in a rural area and only have Excede Satellite as my connection to the internet,...I hate data limits but, there you go.

Adding Tin and Copper resources should enable a civilization to acquire Bronze(manufactured resource). Other resources to consider are; Bamboo(trees), Honey(flower?), Pears(Fruits), Clay or Fine Clay(minerals?strategic?), Peat(marsh resource replacement for coal and wood), and for advanced technologies there are some important minerals like; Lithium, Cadmium, Zinc, Mercury, and Saltpeter (potassium nitrate).

There are many fruits like Oranges that were important to a civilization's health as well as happiness, for instance: Grapefruits, Limes, Lemons, Kiwis, etc. Perhaps these could be combined into one representation like Citrus? All of the fruits I mentioned have flowering trees, the only decision would be to decide what color to use for Citrus Fruits. You could just use the Orange as a representation of Citrus too.

These are just suggestions as adding too many resource options could over-complicate things.

As for Civ 4, there were a number of very large and detailed mods for it like Caveman2Cosmos (unpacked it is about 5gb of data), Rhyes' and Fall of Civilitzation, Realism Invictus, etc. In fact, I think Rhye was porting over some of his stuff to Civ 5,...hmm, there doesn't seem to much happening since 2012,...
http://rhye.civfanatics.net//showthread.php?t=315263

For a reference, Civ 4 is very similar to Civ 5, with the exception of 'stackable' units, religion, and worrying about a city's health as well as it's happiness. I haven't seen anything in Civ 5 relating to pollution and disease as being very important, but, I don't have the G&K or BNW expansions,...yet.

I know Gods and Kings adds a religion mechanic (included in Civ 4 vanilla), and Brave New World adds: "a new Trade Route system using Caravans and Cargo Ship trade units, Ideologies, the World Congress which expands the diplomatic aspect of the game, and an improved Cultural Victory including Tourism, Archaeology and a Great Work mechanic to the core-game,..." -wikipedia

And; "Social policies have been overhauled in Brave New World, with the introduction of the new ideology system." -wikipedia (...the ideology system seems to be the prototype for Civilization:Beyond Earth's 'Affinities' mechanism)

In truth, I have a large collection of PC games and almost all of them are modded in one way or another. Currently, I am fooling around with a select few on a regular basis; Fallout 3 and New Vegas, STALKER series, HalfLife 2 series, Civ 4 with Warlords and Beyond the Sword expansions, a modified version of Civ 5 vanilla, and occasionally the Homeworld series. I regularly visit Moddb and Nexus where I am known as BuffHamster.

Anyway, I don't want to take up too much of your time with meaningless off-topic trivia and, again, thank you for the recommendation. now you know why I chose this particular signature:

I will just get the DVD versions of both as I don't trust the online purchased versions, not because of Steam, but what if my HD crashes?

Once you register the game on Steam - its recognized as yours and you can redownload it on any computer you like.

Once you register the game on Steam - its recognized as yours and you can redownload it on any computer you like.

yes, I am aware of that. If my hard drive crashes, I would have to re-download almost a terabyte of data for the games alone.

The main point is that I use a satellite internet provider (Excede/ViaSat) with a 15 gigabyte per month data limit. Downloading and re-downloading entire game packages eats up a lot of data, much more than just the updates for a DVD installed game.

Back to the topic: Is there artwork for the tree based resources? I didn't notice it in the version 8 resource package and I am still building a map using the version 9 Resource Expansion.

Also, I noticed that there isn't any map icons for some of the resources. Does that have something to do with the 'Atlas'?

Another question; is it possible to export and modify some of the map graphics from Civ 4 and reconstitute them for use in Civ 5?

There is, but they aren't all correct I'm afraid. Please direct questions about the Resource Expansion Pack toward its thread, as this one is just for the reskins.

@Skaz881: I'm not sure if this is the right place to request some resources, but here goes anyway: Can you do a dark green skin of Iron for Warhammer Warpstone? I need the Warpstone in all the variations that Iron comes in, which is why Androrc's Luboric doesn't work for me.
Thanks!

I can give it a try. It may be a little while, I'm trying to resolve a mod clash on my end but I think I'm almost done, so when I am I'll give it a go.

@Skaz881: I'm not sure if this is the right place to request some resources, but here goes anyway: Can you do a dark green skin of Iron for Warhammer Warpstone? I need the Warpstone in all the variations that Iron comes in, which is why Androrc's Luboric doesn't work for me.
Thanks!

Did you just want the art files or did you want more than that?

Top Bottom