Resync Error - What the hell?!

Meshen85

Chieftain
After FINALLY getting Civ3 Conquests to work I settled down for a long night of multiplayer gaming. However, within around 30 mins of hosting my first game, the following error popped up: 'Out of synch file detected. Saving file as "Resynch.Sav". Please restart game, choose load and load this save game'. I can't say I was impressed. This happened every time I hosted, I don't know about whether the same would occur if anyone else hosted. Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Uhm not shure why this is happening to you but my best guess is that you are having toomuch packet loss somewhere either your home network (no offense) or your ISP has some issues.
Check that it is not your network by hosting a 2 man private game over your network.

Not shure if this is much help, good luck.

cheers

I'm on AOL, so my ISP definitely has some issues. I e-mail them every day telling them how much I hate them :( I don't have a network set up, so that's not the problem. What can I do to rectify if it's my ISP causing the problem? Thanks :)

Ok yet another Aohater ;)
I'm assuming you have dialup... or is it DSL?
if you have dsl it should be sufficiently speedy, while I doubt that you can get a stable game on dialup, as this is slow and low bandwith, with more than 4 players (check the PTW box).
If it is your isp that is causing the problem, and Aol does this alot, get a new ISP sending them emails isn't going to help much if they are plainly hate filled and don't address any problems.
My recomendation: either upgrade to DSL/cable or give up on hosting large games, either way I'd give AOL the boot.

I'm a DSL user, and the problem doesn't seem to be packet loss. I set up a continuous ping to test it, and got 0% packet loss. Hmm... Any other ideas as to what it could be?

Mabe it's your network card, I think this kindof thing is hard to diagnose from afar. check for any viruses/spyware first though.

Yeah, also check for background tasks that are interfering with your gameplay.

Top Bottom