RevDCM core and Multiplayer

phungus420

Deity
We on the RevolutionDCM team would really like to get multiplayer fully supported. We feel it is working now with the new release of 2.81, but we have no real way of knowing. So looking for feedback. Does RoM: AND really work as well or nearly as well as base BtS does in multiplayer? If it does, that would be fantastic, as it would definately mean the RevDCM core is fully functional in MP. If there are any issues what are they?

If, on the other hand, there are problems with MP we could certainly use some help from people playtesting. Now we can't support RoM itself, obviously, as there are many added Python modules that simply may not work, or we don't know much about. We'd really like to get RevDCM working though, and any fixes that go into it will make it into RoM, as RoM is built around a RevDCM core. If you guys are playing some MP games and want to do some playtesting please try a few games of RevolutionDCM or Legends of Revolution (LoR is a straight RevDCM core with no added python modules, just new units and tech progression, so it is also totally workable for testing) and have one person set their Autosave to every turn. If any issues arise please post in the RevDCM thread with the save before the issue occured, and an explanation of what happened. Having people playtest would be invaluable to us, as we'd love to get the RevolutionDCM core 100% multiplayer certified.

And again, if you guys are having good luck with no major issues playing MP with RoM, please just let us know, as that would be very helpful, cause then we'd know there was nothing to worry about.

Peace and good luck in your games :)

I play RoM:AND 1.75 regularly with 2 others and on the whole it's pretty stable. A friend had a revolution last night and the other 2 players didn't get the same popup he was getting which used to be a problem. I'll report any issues we have.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very glad to hear that everything seems to be working correctly. The above problem with a different revolution pop up sounds like something that could be in the RevolutionDCM core itself, but unfortunately it's impossible to tell. Anyway, since this is the largest MP community for people that play mods, I just want to let you know that the RevDCM team want to get MP fully supported, and we could use help from playtesters if anyone wants to take the RevolutionDCM mod itself, or LoR for a spin in a multiplayer game (please have one player set their autosaving to single turn, and give us a save game from anything that goes wrong if you do, as the save game is what would be really helpful), as those we can debug and really look at.

And again, it's really good to hear that things look to be working for the most part, because if RoM is working, that means RevDCM is definitely working.

Well ain't working for me sadly, and that's using ROM 2.92, out of sync error pops up within fewer turns than it used to for 2.91...

Well ain't working for me sadly, and that's using ROM 2.92, out of sync error pops up within fewer turns than it used to for 2.91...

I recommned playing RoM:AND 1.75 as a standalone now, it's much more stable in MP.

It is more stable yes. But still not working with revolutions enabled.

Edit: Running 1.75 standalone with my friend and it is giving us lots of grief and CTD. We are playing with most of the things turned on except "storms" and "revolutions". Any idea what other things we have turned on that may give us OOS and CTD?

So RevDCM is definitely not working with MP? Are there any workarounds or exceptions? I *love* the work this team's done on this mod and am really looking forward to seeing it in multi!

We used to play it and it wasn't too bad. Recently we tried another mod that gave us a LOT of trouble, until someone suggested we use pitboss to connect. It's a bit fussy figuring out pitboss, but it works REALLY well to get mods to play MP - I'd sure try that! I'm not the one using pitboss, I don't know how to run it, but the other players connect normally like direct IP and the pitboss runs the game - handles the data transfers and sets up the game parameters. I'd sure give that a go with any mod that is sticky in MP.

Top Bottom