Revindex wrong?

DodgyDave

Warlord
I am playing russia in a giant earth map and i was keeping the revindex on cheat, to keep track of numbers to understand this addition. But the numbers seem wrong and i cant seem to find the right info about how this works and how i can survive as an empire :)

In my game, my capital have the following
Revindex 5, Local -2, Distance -1, National -2 and heath +2, overall -3

so my city Revindex should become 2 next turn and then 0 turn after right? or does it work differently? because my city is raising 1 point per turn at the moment??

please need some help here :)

also not able to view the empire stability info, where can i do this? using ctrl + shift +w dont work, any other way?

I have only being playing with this mod for a few days and I was wondering exactly the same thing. I was assuming that it was the empire stability which was adjusting the total so that it doesnt seem to add up. However I cant see a number anywhere for the empire stability, only the vague descriptive terms.

The main problem I am having at the moment is that my empire stability is stuck without any positive things and it always thinks I have financial problems even when I think I am doing just fine! I dont really know what to do about this, because currently I am running at about 50% research rate with money coming in to the treasury. Usually by the this point on regular BTS I would have expanded out so much I would be barely breaking even at 0% research so I thought my finances were looking pretty good :mischief:

well it seems people have abandoned giant map, as this is the first time, i have asked around and found no info on features.

I've seen this too. The numbers rarely add up, and I have no idea of really is happening, just my best guesses.

Well, I have played a bit more and tried having a look at this, both in worldbuilder and looking at the code (despite never having seen any python before in my life!)

It seems the 'local' column is a combination of the local factors you can see and some that you cant. Im not sure if it also includes the empire wide ones which arent displayed anywhere. None of these values seems to update during your turn, so if you move a load of garrison units into your city, for instance, you wont see the values change until after you have hit end turn. Even accounting for this, the change in revidx is not exactly the value in local.

For a single city the best (easiest) ways to improve the revidx seem to be:
1) Garrison - this goes up to -8
2) Happiness - goes up to around -9 (doesnt really start having strong effects until the city grows a bit
3)culture rate - goes up to -10? this seems to have a strong local effect, but strangely is only applied to the 'local' column and doesnt have a seperate listing on its own
4)State religion - especially under theocracy -6 (I think) as long as it is the only religion in that city

but the biggest influence of all always seems to me to be distance. So anything that you can do to influence that, especially: courthouses, imperialistic, get out of despotism ASAP!!

The previous game I played was on big and small map and I was heading towards domination (I had about half of the biggest continent). However, despite getting the pyramids and going to universal sufferage I was having big problems with the east most cities (mainly because I didnt want to move my cap off the west coast). Even at astronomy I was still struggling to keep the revidx down. I think I could easily have gone on to a win, but my point is that the distance penalty is so severe and I dont want to have to rely on pyramids as a crutch every game.

The distance maintenace is mainly a problem for outlying new cities that are built, and the revidx increases so fast there that you dont even have time to grow them a bit and build courthouses before you have problems. You can capture more developed cities but then the problem is just made worse due to nationality issues. I just dont see any way to combat these distance problems early game.

I like the posibility (in regular BtS) of being able to win conquest or domination in ancient -> medieval times but I just dont see how that could be possible under this mod. Capturing more cities helps keep the revidx down temporarily but I just dont see that you could keep up enough pace to avoid collapse, and if taking your whole continent is not enough for the win you are in a world of trouble! Maybe I will start a new game and give it a go.

@dave: you cant get any benefits from 'health' but it is one of the easier penalties to counter, just dont have net :yuck: in the city and make sure it is not starving

well i have managed to do fairly well in my games, as russia using heraditory rule, penalty is lowered, but the distance modifier is a killing nearly 40 now at some of my cities, but as American and using representation, the distance modifier is more like 25 for that same distance.

also notished that the the first religion civic is lower bonus compared to that second next one you get. So its going to be hard to control your nation as a warmonger nation compared to a democratic friendly one :)

I dont think organised religion gives you any additional bonus on the religion except for the holy city, although it does increase the penalty for non-state religions. Theocracy does give a bonus to all state religion cities (as well as a more severe penalty for non-state religions in cities.

For combating the distance penalty being coastal helps quite a bit aswell, but even taking all the possible positive bonuses into account I dont see that it would be possible to control a city with >40 distance maintenance without constant bribing.

I have actually been finding that, when playing peacefully at least, this mod seems easier than standard BtS on the same difficulty. The large distance maintenance is difficult to handle, but it seems absolutely devistating to the AI who usually end up losing a fair few of their cities to revolutions, stopping any of them from getting too big and running away with the game

well distance seems to go down a bit, if there is more cities sharing borders with it.

But i cant recommend to give in to the rebels and change leader, as i play marathon, i am asked to change to peter, which will mean 48 turns, where pc is in control, i mean why did they add such a feature, i want to play, not turn my computer to run turns on it own, which takes quite a bit of time already per turn. I would think a few turns of disorder and then you have a new leader would be fine, as you might end up with a leader you dont like, until next rebellion.

Top Bottom