OpenCiv1 (Open Civilization 1) Project news
- The game logic is based on original DOS CIV I version 475.05 disassembly.
- The project has progressed significantly since first post, for a code and details see Project page at GitHub.
- The game is in working state. The Debug mode can be toggled by pressing Alt + D Key.
- You have to legally own the Original game (the .txt, .pic and .pal files have to be present).
- The Alpha Pre-release (version 4) is available at Pre-release 4 page at GitHub.
- The Bugfix for Alpha Pre-release (version 5, continent player placement and city layout fix) is expected to be available at the beginning of November 2023.
- Full release is planned for the beginning of year 2024.
The available code is not a full working copy of the game. To run Open Civilization 1 you are legally required to own your own copy of the Civilization game.
This is the reason that game files are not included (sounds, images and text) as they are copyrighted.
The part of the game assembly code is emulated with Virtual CPU, and the rest of the code has been rewritten from scratch until all of the code is replaced with new copyright free code.
The other resources (like graphics, music and text) will also be completely replaced with copyright free resources before publishing the complete game.
Screenshots of the Open Civilization 1 game