RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Not a bug exactly, but a need fro modification. Goals within BtS appear to be based on 11 of anything, which within RFC is undesirable to say the least.

Is there a more reasonable number?

Yeah I had that one too and the spread religion to cities founded on 16 separate land masses. Impossible or what?

Rhye if its any consolation I have been playing this a lot since Monday morning (took a 1/2 day, had Tuesday off and 1/2 day today) and I havent had a single crash with BtS or your mod. I have completed the UHV with the Mayans, Khmer, Dutch, Greeks and Portuguese since i got it. :goodjob:

Yeah I had that one too and the spread religion to cities founded on 16 separate land masses. Impossible or what?

Rhye if its any consolation I have been playing this a lot since Monday morning (took a 1/2 day, had Tuesday off and 1/2 day today) and I havent had a single crash with BtS or your mod. I have completed the UHV with the Mayans, Khmer, Dutch, Greeks and Portuguese since i got it. :goodjob:

Im running the latest patched version on Win XP on a 3 year old Alienware Pent 3.6, 2gig ram, and a 1/2gig 7800GS AGP.

Oh FFS! I never meant to quote myself!!!

I have also not encountered any CTD with an older machine.

Possible bug. As Germany, I have several Vassals (Dutch, Egyptian, Mali) yet while I am cautious with the Russians, I can still see what they are researching.

They are the only civ other than my vassals where this occurs.

I have Babylon frequently founding Confucianism insanely early, much earlier than it did in Warlords. I can provide a save where Babylon has it by turn 47.

Barak is that not because of your espionage points in Russia?

Oh....we can do that? I do have a ton of espionage points with Russia (they always attack me while playing Germany) Didn't realize that was a feature of the spy program!

Have the rules on embassies changed? I notice that sometimes even after first contact in the later eras (ex America) I can't build an embassy, and the contact subsequently goes away a few turns later.

I have Babylon frequently founding Confucianism insanely early, much earlier than it did in Warlords. I can provide a save where Babylon has it by turn 47.

I've noticed China found both Confucianism and Taoism some time before Greece spawns. I've also experienced India and China founding Christianity roughly 10 turns after Ethiopia spawns.

Perhaps the tech tree or flow should be tweaked slightly?

Have the rules on embassies changed? I notice that sometimes even after first contact in the later eras (ex America) I can't build an embassy, and the contact subsequently goes away a few turns later.

You need at least 10 spy points against America ( example ) to build an American Embassy :)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this mod so badly yet it crashes like crazy, even though all other scenarios work fine! It started with an occasional crash every 5-6 turns, but the problem has to my surprise grown exponentially, to the point where it crashes as soon as I load a saved RFC game. Really frustrating and totally unplayable.

I tried to keep a careful eye on what is causing these crashes, but they are seemingly totally random--sometimes I simply need to move the mouse, and BAM, back to the desktop. There's no error warning, the computer doesn't lock up or anything, the game just terminates in a split second, and voila, back to the desktop...

I really hope a patch is released soon as this mod is definitely one of the best things in BtS. :(

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this mod so badly yet it crashes like crazy, even though all other scenarios work fine! It started with an occasional crash every 5-6 turns, but the problem has to my surprise grown exponentially, to the point where it crashes as soon as I load a saved RFC game. Really frustrating and totally unplayable.

I tried to keep a careful eye on what is causing these crashes, but they are seemingly totally random--sometimes I simply need to move the mouse, and BAM, back to the desktop. There's no error warning, the computer doesn't lock up or anything, the game just terminates in a split second, and voila, back to the desktop...

I really hope a patch is released soon as this mod is definitely one of the best things in BtS. :(

Must be your PC dude as it works perfectly fine on mine (and I dare say most folks). Probably your running Vista or have some combination of Hardware that Firaxis in their wisdom didnt playtest on.

Playing as Persia, and then switched to Russia. Played few turns as Russia and when I try to load game- I can't. Loading screen just stands there. I can upload a save.

I have a similar problem to TheJopa. I started as Japan and switched to Spain. I saved the game and when I return to reload it, I am stuck in the pretty RFC for BTS animation with the globe and lights sprouting up.

I've waited 10 minutes and the game doesn't load. Still have all my autosaves from playing recently and can't load them either with the same result. Tried numerous times, nothing.

One oddity I've noticed, perhaps intentional, the game stopped telling me what year it is after switching to Spain. All I get was 'Medieval Age' and all the saves indicate a turn number after that title. At first I thought years might return in a later age?

Still have all my autosaves from playing recently and can't load them either with the same result. Tried numerous times, nothing.

Have you tried clearing the cache?
(it should be in somewhere like "C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\My Games\Warlords\cache")

I cleared the cache from Warlords (but does this affect BTS? and there is no cache there for BTS -why?)

The game hasn't crashed on me at all, but I can't retrieve saves from the civilization that I've switched to in RFC. Works fine for saves from original starting civ.

I presume others have successfully played with one civ, switched, saved the game and restarted from the save successfully?

One oddity I've noticed, perhaps intentional, the game stopped telling me what year it is after switching to Spain. All I get was 'Medieval Age' and all the saves indicate a turn number after that title. At first I thought years might return in a later age?

Did you have Calender researched?

I cleared the cache from Warlords (but does this affect BTS? and there is no cache there for BTS -why?)

I found it in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache.
Naughty Firaxians....

I found it in C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache.
Naughty Firaxians....

Right you are, but alas -- it has not solved the problem.

I've attached one of my save files with this problem-- perhaps someone can tell me if they see the same difficulty of the game not loading?

Attachments

• Isabella Medieval Age Turn 198.CivBeyondSwordSave
    450.3 KB · Views: 300
It seems that Lisbon is not getting access to the wine and horses that are next to it. I thought this may have been a fluke in the game I was playing (shoulda brought the save, not at home now) but on an American start I decided to abandon because someone had already built the statue, I revealed the map to take a look around, and noticed that Lisbon didn't have the wine or horses (though all other Portuguese cities do). I'll try and upload the save within the next couple days.

Top Bottom