RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Strange...you are getting this in the latest version? Guess you'll have to start again...

Also as playing as Arabia I've conquered most of Europe (working my way to the 40%)...however after killing spain, people get declaring war on them...even though they are dead...

Playing BtS 303 / RFC 107 as the Germans, I get the "waiting for other civilisations" bug on turn 316.

I can scroll the map, even enter Worldbuilder mode, the options menu and save the game, but there's no interaction with the map possible. (reloading the game loads it in the "waiting for other cicilisations" mode, going back a turn doesn't help either).

I thought this was going to be fixed in 303? Just thought I'd mention it because it seems it's not... sigh.

Yeah, i have similar bug. I'm playing with Russians. I attached savegame.

Attachments

• bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    422.4 KB · Views: 204
Playing as Japan in 600 start in 1.07, have a strange stability bug. I have 4 instances of 3 stars and 1 instance of 4. Yet it says I am unstable, and soon after this save, I took Keijo, but it declared independance soon after.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/31183/Japan_with_strange_stability.CivBeyondSwordSave

I have examinated the save, and found out that a category (economy) needed to be retuned, as it should have been 2 stars.
Now with 2 stars you should have been just shaky, not unstable. Probably being the rest of the world more stable than you caused the normalization to shift you to unstable.
The 4 stars on civics were at the real edge with 3 actually...

Thanks Rhye. I have found that Japan gets way out in front in the tech race in the 600AD start as well.

I experience frequent crashes with RFC 1.07 (BtS is patched to 3.02). I played as Babylon, and the game crashed to desktop 5 times in about 80 turns. I can always load the last autosave and continue playing though.

I tried to find out a bit more about the cause of the crashes, but apart from the fact that they always occur on the main display, they appear to happen almost randomly - sometimes in my turn when I'm scrolling the map, sometimes in the inter-turn time, there's no regularity to it. :( The only thing I'm sure about is that it's a problem with RFC, not woith BtS, because neither the base game nor any other mod crashed on me even once.

Have I done something wrong? I installed patch 3.02, then removed the RFC folder that came with BtS, and installed RFC 1.07.

Can I do something to help getting this great mod running crash-free?

Well, at least I now know how to get the first 2 goals in the Roman UHV! Rhye, can you post the fixed version of that save so I can try to survive those Camel archers?

Thanks

did you build the wall is Europe? it only applies on one continent

Thanks. I also noticed when starting another game last night that Sogut (playing as turks in 600AD start) does not have access to a theater.

edit: disregard, I see why now. The turks have not researched Drama, but the Byz had (so cities I conquered had theaters).

not sure if it's been reported: when you take Alexandria you will have 3 free scientists instead of 2 (monarch level). If you loose the city and take it back again you will have 6. And so on and on every time you conquer it you get 3 more free scientists.

this is the 600 AD start of course

I don't know if it's the Great Library... though I found it strange that there are 3 scientists and not just 2 from the very beginning.
Too bad I can't fix it in the worldbuilder and continuing seems sort of cheating.

edit: interesting ,if I remove the GL, 2 scientists will disappear but the other 7 will stay.

World Congresses don't work correctly in most of my games of RFC. Sometimes, after I vote on one request, the results window doesn't appear until two or three votes later, and some of the final votes don't produce a results window at all.

I have noticed some strange things with stability. PLaying as the Arabs, I have 3 stars i every category, 4 in Foreign, yet I am shaky? In past games with the Japanese I have also found that they have an impossible time remaining stable.

Playing BtS 303 / RFC 107 as the Germans, I get the "waiting for other civilisations" bug on turn 316.

I can scroll the map, even enter Worldbuilder mode, the options menu and save the game, but there's no interaction with the map possible. (reloading the game loads it in the "waiting for other cicilisations" mode, going back a turn doesn't help either).

I thought this was going to be fixed in 303? Just thought I'd mention it because it seems it's not... sigh.

Yes, I have the exact same problem. Seems to occur totally randomly.
Here's my save - end the current turn to see the problem:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=160951&d=1190566287

Top Bottom