RFC Classical World ++

Okay, I withdraw my comment. The Great Lighthouse is an easy early build, and the Obelisk/Great Engineer trick in Diospolis Megale generates a GE in plenty of time to build the Great Library if Literature (or whatever the GL tech is) is your first research goal. I got it in 218 BC in the lazy game I just played.

One reason I commented on the barb nerf, though, was because I thought you had removed barbarians entirely in the early game. The first game I tried, it was almost AD before barbs started showing up in Egypt. This second game, enough spawned to get me three Slaves by the time I built the GL.

Here's something, though: The Textile Mill and Tannery don't show up in the city screen after they are built.

Both buildings are in Kyrene, and they are having an effect (I think) as Kyrene's base production of 5 generates 6 hammers. But they're not listed on the left hand side of the screen. Is it because you've added the buildings as Resources?

Meroe+Soba starts with millions of units
Tochars cant creates any miltary units at start if capital Khotan(settler sent to Turphan oasis)

Last edited:
Happy new year all!

New version is up, fixing the units in Meroe/Nubia and Saba.

I will now see the bug with the buildings and the Tocharian issue.

Update
Meroe+Soba starts with millions of units
Tochars cant creates any miltary units at start if capital Khotan(settler sent to Turphan oasis)
It's not a bug! Its because you have reached the maximum army capacity. When I settled the 2nd city in Turpan, I was able to build another unit.

Last edited:
Hello, I can help you for maps if you want, I think some details should be done again, in order to be more realistic. I saw your modifications, and I were surprised to see grass next to Caspian sea, whereas it is only desert at the East and steppes at north ...

Hello, I can help you for maps if you want, I think some details should be done again, in order to be more realistic. I saw your modifications, and I were surprised to see grass next to Caspian sea, whereas it is only desert at the East and steppes at north ...

Nowadays! During antiquity there were nomads living there, so there ought to be some kind of grass for their sheep and horses.

I made these modifications based on the Rome 2 total war map, having got in mind the nomadic civs that I will introduce that will use this part of the map for their core regions. Some kind of food / production must be present there, even if nowadays the area is barren.

But sure, any recommendation is welcome!

In fact, nomadic tribes weren't too big, so the steppes and dry plains environment totally matched with their way of living. It would correspond to plains and semidesert in the game. But sure, if you really succeed in adding true nomadic civilizations (what would be fantastic), you would have to create a totally new gameplay, in which for example terrains would have different values.

In fact, nomadic tribes weren't too big, so the steppes and dry plains environment totally matched with their way of living. It would correspond to plains and semidesert in the game. But sure, if you really succeed in adding true nomadic civilizations (what would be fantastic), you would have to create a totally new gameplay, in which for example terrains would have different values.
Unfortunately civ series has always been focused on cities. To have a powerful civilization you need cities with a lot of pops to produce military units and this is why certain areas are magnified and others diminished.

Here's something, though: The Textile Mill and Tannery don't show up in the city screen after they are built.

Both buildings are in Kyrene, and they are having an effect (I think) as Kyrene's base production of 5 generates 6 hammers. But they're not listed on the left hand side of the screen. Is it because you've added the buildings as Resources?

Fixed this bug, it was an XML configuration!

I will upload a new version later today.

As srpt is due to release a new mod presumably called RFC Classical World, will you be renaming this mod? As this mod will no longer be an add on to srpt's (new) RFC Classical World, but instead an entirely separate entity. Maybe it could be called RFC Roman World?

Also during my Ptolemy game I encountered a minor python error.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 22, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 156, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 167, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 127, in onBeginGameTurn

File "RiseAndFall", line 1169, in checkTurn

NameError: global name 'con' is not defined
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Last edited:
As srpt is due to release a new mod presumably called RFC Classical World, will you be renaming this mod? As this mod will no longer be an add on to srpt's (new) RFC Classical World, but instead an entirely separate entity. Maybe it could be called RFC Roman World?

Also during my Ptolemy game I encountered a minor python error.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 22, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 156, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 167, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 127, in onBeginGameTurn

File "RiseAndFall", line 1169, in checkTurn

NameError: global name 'con' is not defined
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

Nah, it's a modmodmod, I don't wish to copy srpt's work and present it as my own. It will be CW plus plus, like RFC Europe plus plus. I have to rename it in the next revision though :p

About the bug, when did it occur? Any info will help!

It occurs on turn 156, year 164 BC.

thanks, I will look at it!

edit: I fixed it, it was a misscall of a python script

Last edited:
I wanted to play as kingdom of Juda/kingdom of Israel or however it's named. While being in autoturns waiting to start, i received 2 or 3 of those Python errors connected to events

Hmm
What is the status now.

So much work was done here I would hate to see it unfinished.
I think actually the game should end earlier and just emphasize completeness for everything else. I remember when I last played. Korea felt very unfinished.

I don't know much about modding, but I am wondering how hard it would be to adjust things, or take things away. I might think about removing a civilization or two if it made things more complete. Name maps is also a big deal, (wonder if that can be done with XML) . I have not played recently, are there still places without resources?

I couldn't do any big things, but maybe some finishing touches. Just so that the game does not feel like it has any lose ends. What is the current end date? Is it 600 or 500?

I'm pretty much completely ignorant about modding, so I cannot say basically anything about it. But if you do wanna try to improve some little things, I can help with some city names.

The current end date, if I'm not wrong, is 800 CE.

I'm pretty much completely ignorant about modding, so I cannot say basically anything about it. But if you do wanna try to improve some little things, I can help with some city names.

The current end date, if I'm not wrong, is 800 CE.
Yes, I think the end date should be trimmed to 600 perhaps, or maybe 700. I imagine the Arab spawn can be pretty epic but I think part of the original game's mistake was going too far into the early middle ages. I remember years ago I tried to play very late and I thought that after 600 the true mood of the era was not captured at all ( I mean it would be so difficult to do)

Sometimes specificity is better than a large scope.

Agreed. 600 CE is reasonable, IMO. While I like the Early Middle Ages, the focus should be in the Ancient and Classical world, as the mod own name indicates. That end date still allow us some epic confrontations between Byzantines and Sassanids, the Chinese reunification under the Sui dynasty and its disastrous conflicts against Gogureyeo, as well the Guptas and Göktürks peaks.

Top Bottom