RFC:I - Far East Discussion

I would make it prone enough to collapse that about 50% of the time the AI China collapses. The Rebels should be in Southern China, controlling/continuously retaking Shanghai and Hong Kong, for ease of European invaders. Also, the English, Dutch, French and Portuguese should be more prone to take such cities when available, and attack China/India/Japan/SE Asia more frequently. This would allow for Asia to finally be colonized, as well as make China really hard to play, but also, really fun.

Sounds like the rebel civ could make use of the 'X cities have declared their independence from foreign domination!' mechanic - if your stability gets too low, a consequence is a rebel state that's both distinct from Independents and automatically at war with you (and wanting to take you over).

What happens if the rebels win their war and take China? If they could somehow revert to being Chinese, that'd be cool; but IDK if that's possible - I guess if they have all of China you could just give them a different name (like the Shun dynasty or something).

EDIT: I agree with Jiim. It should probably be divided so that say part of the time the Ming survive, part of the time the Manchu take over, part of the time the rebels take over and part of the time it's just a constant war between some or all of those.

If the rebels win I would think that China would be independent cities until the Qing spawn.

I don't know - I think that sets them back too much, and assumes that the rebels wouldn't have been able to start their own dynasty. They tried - the Shun Dynasty came between the Ming and Qing - but the coincidence that the Manchu were also trying to take over China prohibited it from lasting very long.

I am not saying it assumes anything, it just that there are a limited number of civilizations that can exist in a game and every different dynasty or rule of one civilization decreases the number left.

True, but unless I am missing something we already have a slot for the Chinese Rebels civ.
I could, of course, be completely misunderstanding.

And if Chinese rebel become strong enough (i.e. take Beijing), they become Chinese, and old dynasty become rebel.

Chinese has to be a worldpower, #1, they can handle rebels or Manchurians or Mongols or pirates or climate disaster, but not all of them at the same time, like real history.

Ming had some good gunpowder tech and units, but they didn't continue to develop.

Changes in civics are internal matters within a civ, however if changing civics damages their stability too much then the Chinese rebels will return...

Top Bottom