Rhye's Mongols are annoying me...

I'm China, and I built a good sized stack of 4 rifles, 10 knights, 4 war elephants, and 3 cannons to defeat the Mongols right when they spawn in 1190 AD. I saved in 1180 AD, being confident that this was the main obstacle left, being as I only had to build 70 more units in what-- 51 turns? Very doable, considering the Power of Myriads and Beijing pumping out units every two turns. I tried two times but my army was too close to the Mongols, so they flipped, and I know I've lost once they've got more units and better units than I have anywhere. I tried placing them on the iron source 1 NW of beijing, and yet again, they flipped to Mongolian. I tried placing 1N of Beijing and yet again, they flip. :suicide: How large is the "flipping zone" in Rhye's and Fall, because this is really annoying me!!!

the flipping zone is the whole gobi dessert,in a horizontal line to bejing and the sea. all tiles west of bejing will also flip. the hills to the north east you should take as the most eastern boundary of the mongol flip zone. just let the mongals spawn. within a few turns you will have your old cultural borders back. wait a fe w more turns for the mongols to declare suicide (war) on you. and capture all but 1 of their citys. He will then capitulate to you. Libarate the citys back to him, except those he build near th cotton resources. And you will have your own pet dog. You can do the same to the khmer and japan for creating your own asian tiger in the game.
btw, a bit of a small army. ;)

So ya I played once as Rome and i ended up quitting but when Spain 'spawned' it said I had the option to let me city go to them peacefully or war and i said no f*ck you guys you have to fight for it. then my well developed city (that is in same place as real life Barcelona) flips to them and they come at me with my own Praetorians!

How should those 'revolutions' be dealt with?

when playing the romans, you know the french english and spain will spawn. Ur going to lose those cities. Just give them the city (but a few turns before they spawn, move out your army). I think it will give a relation boost to. Then after 10 turns (20 to be safe) move your army back in to reclaim ur cities.
Best would be not to build cities their where new civs spawn. Unless absolutly needed.

Considering that Mongols spawn with less than that and worse than that, I find it suits my purposes quite well, and part of my army is down dealing with the Khmer (they DoW on me, because I have Hanoi and Pagan and I am stopping them from expanding.

How do I know where the spawn territories are as Rome?

Playing as rome you will loose your french english and spanish cities. the spawn areas of european nations are in their respective borders of today. But the balkan is still free. You can take greece and found constantinopel (at least I never had the turks ask for them)

So anything north, northwester, and west of present day Italian borders will become part of a new country?

Lame. Maybe one or two cities should but that is it. If I have a city in what is present day southern france and spain "begins" that does not mean all the years of Roman dynastic rule and cultural influence in those places should be discarded because the girls of this new language talk sexily during sex.

Its RFC, otherwise spain, france and england would never become real powers. When Rome spawned, you got Mediolanium for free; how do you think the celts felt about that?

So anything north, northwester, and west of present day Italian borders will become part of a new country?

Lame. Maybe one or two cities should but that is it. If I have a city in what is present day southern france and spain "begins" that does not mean all the years of Roman dynastic rule and cultural influence in those places should be discarded because the girls of this new language talk sexily during sex.

Well southern france would become france. You can still keep greece and chartage and egypt.

The entire point of this mod is that the empires will fall. You have to expect to collapse eventually, whether from Stability problems, new civs spawning (or respawning with Nationalism), or massive barbarian hordes. The best you can do is prepare for that eventuality and recover as best you can (either that or go for the Unique Historical Victory).

So playing as rome I would be best to let Spain and France spawn and then go take their cities after they spawn so I don't lose any units or cities? I hate fighting my own praetorians

So playing as rome I would be best to let Spain and France spawn and then go take their cities after they spawn so I don't lose any units or cities? I hate fighting my own praetorians

yes. But there is a period of around 10 turns after spawning when any units send after them will most likely switch side.

Top Bottom