Rise of Empires - A Community Expansion Pack!

How much do you agree with what's in the proposition?

• I fully agree!

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • I mostly agree!

Votes: 26 38.2%
  • Meh.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I don't really agree with much.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • None of this is really for me.

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Wonders all look very nice! As for the Austria-Hungary civ, it is overwhelmingly my favourite WWI civ, made more for the purpose of WWI than anything else. Uniques and everything can be easy enough to do, in my opinion - city list can be different from Austria in the sense that it can include some stuff from places outside Austria. I really need to ask Jan about it first, though.

Happy 100th WWI anniversary, everyone! :banana:[party]:high5:[party]:banana:

...Or accurately, like this: :sniper::sniper::sniper::ar15:
(closest thing we have to rifles and mounted machine guns)

Any news on Austria-Hungary? If nothing else, maybe I can play a game with JFD's Napoleon + Bismarck + Roosevelt (closest we have to Wilson) + Nicholas II + Albert + Victoria... maybe Mussolini thrown into the mix, and then Austria-Hungary. And also someone's Serbia (I know DJSHenniger has one, although it's not historically relevant for a WWI game), and finally the Ottomans in my game. :D

We could wait until Germany entered the war and really made the war explode... IIRC A-H attacks Serbia, Russia attacks A-H, Germany attacks Russia... it all kinda spirals out of control but long story short it gives us a few more days. I dunno. Definitely will check out Austria-Hungary Beta!

Hi, a Belgian here.
I have to admit that I don't really agree with the mechanics of Belgium. The following criticism is based on the book "België en zijn buitenlandse politiek", by professor Rik Coolsaet, of the university of Ghent:
Exploration and colonialism were very much a pet project of king Leopold II, later forced into the hands of the Belgian government. What I mean by this is that Belgian colonialism was mainly the result of chance and opportunism. It was not really the defining element of Belgian foreign policy, which focused a lot more on international trade.
The Belgian government was of course happy with the resources Kongo supplied to Belgian industry, but was loath to consequently follow any clearly defined colonial policy.

Another Minor complaint: Why does the chocolaterie replace the windmill? Like in all the low countries, there are plenty of windmills in Belgium. I also find it a bit strange that an important industrial building is replaced by a shop for luxury items.
If the chocolaterie is to replace anything, it would make a lot more sense for it to replace the circus, or Colosseum.

This little rant aside, this looks really cool. Cheers!

Top Bottom