[C3C] Rise of Rome Deluxe (RORD)

anemoia

Chieftain
Hi there everyone!

For the past three weeks I've been working on my own take of the vanilla "Rise of Rome" scenario. I've always felt as though the base version of the scenario was lacking the true scale of the ancient Mediterranean and the grandeur of the time. Although there are other mods on this site that essentially achieve the same purpose, in my experience many of them lack a direct download link or are unfortunately outdated. My aim is to create a version of this scenario that I have always dreamt of since I was playing this game as a kid.

In the coming days I will post screenshots of the scenario. As of this post, I am currently completing laying out all of the cities, mapping out territories, adding units, adding wonders/improvements, and writing civilopedia entries. At this point I would say I'm about 80% of the way to being finished developing this mod.

Here are a few figures to give you a taste of the scale of this mod and its contents. There are 25 playable civilizations compared to the measly 4 available in the base version of RoR. Finally you can play as the barbarian civilizations or try to revive the glory of Egypt. The Celts have been divided into two separate players with Gaul being led by Vercingetorix and the British Isles being led by Boudicca. Macedon has been broken up to reflect the squabbling city states of ancient Greece. Even the Italian peninsula has been divided with the edition of the Etruscans to the north of Rome and Pyrrhus' Greek colonies to the south. Besides new civilizations, there are roughly 46 unique techs on top of pre-existing techs and 88 new units (with likely more to come). There is also a unique interface and music to create an overall more immersive experience.

The goal of this initial post is to gauge whether or not anyone would actually be interested in giving this scenario a shot. Creating a mod such as this has always been a dream of mine and thanks to the wealth of tutorials and resources available on this site, that dream is becoming a reality. If there seems to be enough of a demand, I'll post a download link.

Congratulations!

I hope to play a new scenario in Ancient Era. If you want to use unique units for Etruscan, Italic nations or Carthaginians have a look below:

Congratulations!

I hope to play a new scenario in Ancient Era. If you want to use unique units for Etruscan, Italic nations or Carthaginians have a look below:

Hey thanks for the links! Believe it or not I have already downloaded a good deal of these and have implemented them into the mod. The last thing I’ll do before publishing the mod will be to credit everyone for their assets so thanks again for your work!

Nice. So when are you going to publish your mod? :)
I'll probably post it in about a week or so. I still need to implement buildings/wonders and flesh out the civilopedia. In the meantime though, here's a preview of the map!
RORD Preview 1.png

One thing I forgot to mention as well is that there are no locked wars in this scenario. I wanted to add more possibilities in regards to how the game plays out. Who knows, Rome and Carthage could be best friends...

Hey everyone, just thought I'd give an update on the progress of RORD. Everything is now implemented into the game and now I have begun beta-testing the mod to find bugs and make sure everything generally runs smoothly. I haven't had as much time as I would've liked to work on this but I should have more time this week to wrap things up.

Top Bottom