• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

(Rising Tide) New Tech Quotes?

Veras

Prince
Rising Tide will add four new leaders to the game, and I was wondering if we'll get Tech quotes from them. The thing is: I haven't noticed any new tech.

My two hypothesis are:

1) Some current tech quotes will be replaced to new ones from Arshia and Duncan. That would be a great chance to get rid of the worst ones, such as the Hutama quote from Computing or the Kavitha quote on Genetic Design. They could also replace the tech quotes that are not attributed to any leader, but those quotes are really good in general.

2) They don't get tech quotes at all. I think this would be pretty bad for immersion and the personality development of the new leaders, as the tech quotes are currently one of the few ways to get to know the leaders better outside the civlopedia.

I'm sure Duncan got a lot to say about his years working on the sea. The same with Arshia and her whole life inside a ship.

Moderator Action: Rising Tide added to thread title

I hope so. Most of the quotes in BE completely lack any sort of personality whatsoever. They're so obvious I'm not sure why they even bothered writing them in the first place.

Do the Leaders now actually narrate their own Quotes or are they still narrated by that women with the weird indian accent?

Get rid of the PAC quote on mice and mousetraps and of course, new quotes for the new sponsors.

Well, there are 85 techs, plus 29 wonders from BE Vanilla that will be increased by the new wonders of RT (I don't know how many). Each vanilla leader got something like 6-9 quotes from techs and 3-5 from wonders, and I can assure that at least 2 of each are bad, with leaders like Élodie and Hutama having a lot of bad quotes. So I think there is room for something like 4-5 tech quotes for each of the new leaders, and wonder quotes for all the new wonders.

Besides, one great immersion thing for quotes is to show us the literaly works of the leaders, like Principles of Modern War from Bolivar, all volumes of Principles of Scientific Morality from Sochua, This is Not Exile from Barre, We are All Destined to Prosper from Hutama, and so on.

They should get the sponsors to say their own quotes... in their own languages.

They should get the sponsors to say their own quotes... in their own languages.

I think the audience nowadays would accept it much better than on SMAC times, for example.

The main issue is that they come up with this hybrid languages thing that would make it very hard to say longer sentences. The simplest solution would be having all leaders to say their quotes in English with their accents, but I can't see any of this happening.

I think the audience nowadays would accept it much better than on SMAC times, for example.

The main issue is that they come up with this hybrid languages thing that would make it very hard to say longer sentences. The simplest solution would be having all leaders to say their quotes in English with their accents, but I can't see any of this happening.

Do any of the leaders actually speak in hybrid languages? Honestly there should be like a tie-in book for this game, like Rome 2 or the Witcher.

Please don't make them speak their own languages.

We've pretty much established it by this point that the exotic language is there mainly for English speakers who have no idea what is being said anyway.
The quality of their script is pretty bad for native speakers who understand what they're saying (basically imagine English translated via google translate into whatever the target language is), so you might as well have them speak all in English because its 200 years in the future they either all speak English(as most world leader already do) or we have translating devices capable of translating in real time.

They need to do two things to fix Tech Quotes in BE:

1. Get the voice actors for the leaders to say the tech quotes attributed to them

2. Make the audio for the quote continue after you close the "tech discovered" window. As it is, I can either hear 1 second of the quote, and close the window at which point the quote cuts off, or I can sit and stare at a window which has no value to me for 10 seconds so the audio can finish. I should be able to close the window and still hear the quote, like in Civ 4.

They need to do two things to fix Tech Quotes in BE:

1. Get the voice actors for the leaders to say the tech quotes attributed to them

2. Make the audio for the quote continue after you close the "tech discovered" window. As it is, I can either hear 1 second of the quote, and close the window at which point the quote cuts off, or I can sit and stare at a window which has no value to me for 10 seconds so the audio can finish. I should be able to close the window and still hear the quote, like in Civ 4.

This!

:thumbsup:

What about the people that want the audio to end when they close the window, so they can get back to the game's audio?
You add an audio option: "Stop audio playback after tech window is closed"
...just like SMAC did. ;)

I really hope they replace the voice overs. I feel it is worth the cost of hiring the different voice actors

AFAIC, voice quotes are something I may listen to once, then never again as I turn them off to speed game processing. I'm not saying they should not be part of the game, only that I'd prefer the developers not spend an undue amount of finite fiscal resources creating them.

I'd only want the voice overs if they're in their native languages. Otherwise it's basically pointless.

Top Bottom