Rival Civ beats u building a wonder by a few turns

Suspiria

Warlord
If the enemy civ is close to beating you out in completing a wonder best thing i found to do is declare war a few turns from their completion on the wonder and they will suddenly switch all production to military, letting you complete the wonder before them. Better have your forces ready for them.

Yes, but if you do that, it's quite possible that you wouldn't be ready to fend off a large attack unless you had been preparing for a while, and besides, its also possible that the AI would finish their wonder because it was being built in one of their main cities in the heart of their emipre, too far away from the warfront. I sure in some situations it would work though...:D

Someone should check the AI's script on that to see if all their cities will automatically begin producing military when war is declared.

They don't necessarily stop building all their wonders. In the game I'm currently workin on, I just built my first spy and discovered Mansa Musa (who was at war with Tokugawa) was two turns away from building the Apollo Program. If I'd only built Scotland Yard a couple turns earlier, I could have saved up enough money to destroy his production. Damn!

And yes, I agree that in general, wonders don't have as big a game impact in Civ 4 as earlier versions. At least you get a nice big cash payout.

Bast said:
How do you know which civ and where they're going to build it?

Yes, I'd like to know that, too. Didn't previous versions of Civ tell you that 'The Greeks have started to build Stonehenge' or similar messages...? How do you know who's doing what and where in Civ IV? :confused:

sometimes I build a wonder I know I cant finish just to get money.

Top Bottom