Roads' pack

ArneoKerdarun

Chieftain
A pack of 6 new styles of roads. First to fourth (plus the last one) are based on road (primitiveroad.dss) and the fifth one is based on railroad (railroad_128.dss).

1: Medieval paved way. [MedievalPavement.dds]
2: Ancient road (could be roman road). [DarkerVia.dds]
3: Same as 2 but more flashy. [BrightVia.dds]
4: Paved road. [Pavement.dds]
5: Motorway. [Motorway.dds]
6: A muddy path. [Mudway.dds]

Attachments

• roads.rar.not.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 277
  • screen-roads.jpg
    screen-roads.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,062
Screenshot of the muddy path :

Attachments

• screen-muddypath.jpg
    screen-muddypath.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 453
Neat stuff! :D Can the roads ingame update themselves to each of these roads respective to their era or is it just a one road for all ages deal?

Thank you leonel
Those are just graphic changes, so if you use them as they are, they would replace the existing ones.
Sure thing is that it must be possible to create new roads ingame with those graphics : something like going from muddy path to normal roads, then roman road, railroad and finaly motorway... Concerning the "auto-update", I can't say, you should ask python coders.

Well I definately think you should persue having the roads upgrade when a civ enters a new era! I'm sure some python coders would be happy to help you and the process should be somewhat simple to impliment. You know in Railroad Tycoon 3 there's an option to electrify all non-electric rail lines and it will take into account the percentage of non-electric rail lines there compared to electric rail lines? Something like that could be done and the changes would take effect within a civ's borders and if you gain more territory that has an older road, you can click a modernise button.

Top Bottom