Roll call!

I would like to play again, especially after seeing that people are still trying to fix up the mod, but finals week is soon

I play this gem as well, it's the absolutely best experience one can get from Civ 4.

I've gotten to used to playing Bannor as Gaius Octavius though, should try to get my narrow-minded ass out of that comfy chair. :lol: Sometimes, I can't resist joining the undercouncil just because of the "holy badass" feeling, even if I need the crusade civic.

I am trying it out, playing as Doviello. Only problem seems to be that it feels a lot less balanced than say MNAI. I got lots of xp on a few units and crushed my neighbor. Not too unorthodox for Doviello but then I discovered the kindred spirits ability on my Hunters, got a couple Drakes and now it just doesn't seem fair at all. Will try and keep an interest, finish out the game and try another civ. I always like more complexity so I am a huge fan of those parts of this Mod but it feels much less challenging/balanced than MNAI.

Balance? In RiFE? :lol: Made my day
And Doviello are among the weak civs, actually. If they dont get a successful early conquest or - god forbid - lose Lucian, they are doomed. Archos, on the other hand, have as much potential in the early game (and one can say they are even MORE dangerous) AND they have a tremendous midgame capability with a freaking legions of a Strong Giant spiders with a free promotions. Not to say that Doviello are useless. Played right, they can be quite deadly. The outright suckers are Chislev. Maybe i'm just don't get how they should work, but to me, they feel inferior

Chislev should focus on lots and lots of small and tightly packed cities.

CHislev.. it's been a long time, but "they no sucky no..."
you just have to change gameplay...
their warchiefs are very nice early game... (I mean: you get leaders.... that can earn their own xp !!: that helps for fast growing of the warchief) and with many cities you get many tribal huts...

well, I'm sure I proposed somewhere (years ago) some improvement for them, but clearly they do not suck.

Top Bottom