[GS] Rome: Fallen

Zenstrive

Ocean King
Hi,

Just want to share hilarious thing I had done:

So Rome and I had been buddies since start.
When I am conquering the world, Caesar's still love me.

But I want to Dominate the world, but doesn't want to make Caesar hates me.

The music industries gave me the answer: Indie Rock Bands.

One by one, his cities fell to the emotional screamings and hushing and growling of the grunge, becomes unruly cities ready to be bombed to domination.

SMELLS LIKE COTHON SPIRITS!

(sorry, Nirvana fans!)

It is odd that rock and roll can cause cities to revolt and join enemy nations, but there we are.

Hard to know what death metal lyrics in your alternative universe would be like - your society's church ladies sacrifice babies to Moloch.

I am now playing as peaceful Sweden, trying to dissolve Japan using Rock Bands

In the Soviet Union we had old propaganda verse, which literally translates as "Today you're playing Jazz, tomorrow you'll betray Motherland". They knew it...

The older generation freaking out about the younger generation's musical preferences is now a 100+ year old meme. You'd think one of these generations would have learned by now, but nope. I can understand when it first started because communication technologies made it possible to go from traditional regional songs to national or international professional bands/groups. But the radio has been a popular thing now for about 100 years and there's no reason to think that the trend won't continue. The only question becomes -- what will replace hip-hop next?

The older generation freaking out about the younger generation's musical preferences is now a 100+ year old meme.

The waltz was considered "riotous and indecent" [citation needed but check Wikipedia, knower of all things] over 200 years ago. Actually, this is more of a dance preference, like the Twist, Line Dancing, Breakdancing, but you gotta have music to go with it.

Top Bottom