1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Route / Waypoint newly-built units

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by nccrush001, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

So it's basically another case of you searching for a problem to have something to disagree with.

Moderator Action: Please do not make this personal.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. nccrush001

nccrush001 Chieftain

In starcraft and other games with rally points, only one unit can occupy the rally point tile as well (you don't have units "stacked" in starcraft or whatever else, the exception being an air unit can be flying overhead). Rally points still work intuitively - units get as close as they can to the rally point, pack together, and then stop waiting further instructions.

I see absolutely no rational reason for the resistance being shown to the concept of the rally point here. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but they would clearly make the game better for those of us who do want to use them.

Yes, the game is playable without them. All games are playable without hosts of features. This game would be playable using ASCII graphics too, but I like the nice fancy graphics.

3. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

I don't see rally points working for civ V or BE because you would have to change your rally-destination after every unit built (since the 1 UPT rule), so it's the same as just selecting your brand new unit and giving it a normal move order.

But i would like an option to execute all queued movement without causing the turn to finish.

4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Well, I agree that there is no point to be made by saying that waypoints would not work, but there is a very clear point to be made about efficient resource management. I don't think it's too useful as the number of situations where I want to continuously produce units and send them all to the same place are rather limited. I'd rather have them devote their time on other, more pressing issues - the general user interface has a ton of problems and that's probably a job for the same person who'd need to sit down and include the systems to make waypoints work.

5. nccrush001

nccrush001 Chieftain

Well I do agree that on a prioritized list of things the game needs, this might not be at the top.

I do find situations every game where I want this waypoint mechanic, however. This doesn't seem to be the experience of you and others. Perhaps it is just a different playstyle, or a different way we have of organizing our units.

6. Fins

Fins Warlord

I would sign this, too. Very well put, mccrush001!

There is even similar exception in Civ:BE - all water tiles can have two units, various combinations: hover unit like Redeemer + carrier, cruiser + embarked land unit, etc.

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions