RP: Guilds

croxis

Chat room op
Here is the first segment of my Role Playing TV Show, er *looks at tech tree* Play, er *looks again* interpretive dance with grunts?

Unlike the faction based rules, the RP rules are more like guidelines. Today's program will cover Guilds.

As observed in many governments there are some issues and concept which may not fall along faction lines. Some factions may have a singular policy or issue which they agree with but differ in every other way. There may also be individuals in many factions which also have a set of concerns they share but isn't considered a priority to their factions.

Guilds are a way of like minded individuals to come together and participate politically or RPly. If factions are like political parties then the guilds are like the lobbyists.

Guilds are not factions in and of themselves and don't hold direct political power -- their central issue(s) can have nothing to do with a government civic. Therefore they are not bound by the rules which govern the factions. Guilds may apply to become a faction and be officially recognised by the ruleset and factions may end up dissolving into a guild.

The structure and function of the guilds are completely up to guild members (within cfc forum rules) and the validity and restrictions of the guilds are up to the prime and various secondary factions to define in their bylaws and constitutions. Appealing to the Guilds can be one path for a faction to gain support from outside their faction.

Multiple guild memberships are possible, unless prohibited by the guild.

Guilds are responsible for self policing of their policies unless otherwise stated in the national consitution.

This isn't like #civfanatics or the OT forum, sometimes you have to wait more than 2 hours for someone to notice it. ;)

Yes, in general terms. Will take a closer look in the coming hours.

I am, personally, leaning towards allowing only one faction membership, but unlimited guild memberships.

I am, personally, leaning towards allowing only one faction membership, but unlimited guild memberships.
Seconded. I don't think multiple faction memberships is a good idea, it would either be too easy to abuse or just pointless IMO.

i would say my view follows striders in this instance. One faction, multiple guilds. If you allow multiple faction memberships, you could theoretically have one or more people become (hey, here's a good term to pull from the news) "superdelegates".

But i do agree i don't think guilds should be limited to the time they're researched in the game. I know were roleplaying and all, but some of the technicalities have to go beyond the game itself and into how we start out playing.

Good idea, guilds should be accessible to all (interest groups/NGOs), but should be mutually exclusive for factions within the same election term.

I like this idea alot. It has alot of merit. I do think that one should restricted to only 1 faction. Being in a guild can give those not in a ruling faction say amoung the citizens.

Top Bottom